(solved) Msb-train To Heavy?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Scarface, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

I have a problem with 2 services with the BR185.2 (DB version) on MSB.
    Its service: DB 86102 Aschaffenburg - Gemünden 06:39 and
    DB 88103 Gemünden - Aschaffenburg 06:45

The train don't move, the single loco can drive without any problems. I even checked all brakes on the trailers but they are all released. Anybody else with the same problem?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i9 think i may have had this problem. i could not get a heavy train to move. i think what i did. was go back to the main menu and select it again. what i did this time i gave it full power 10 or 100% and eventually it moved.

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

One trick to try for any train that will not start moving is to overcharge the brakes. The procedure is simple: Press the overcharge button for 15 seconds, then wait 2 minutes.

Some times air can get in to a funny state in the service reservoirs and they end up with more than the normal 5 bar pressure, what that means is that when you raise the brake pipe to 5 bar by putting the brake handle in to release the brake pipe does not exceed the pressure of the service reservoir and therefore doesn't release the brake on that wagon. Overcharging pushes the brake pipe a bit higher, which will allow the brake to release. It happens on real trains and is why the overcharge capability is there.

The Laaers car trains are particularly susceptible to this, but it's a good general thing to always bear in mind - if it feels like the brakes aren't releasing then try this.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i did the overcharge on that train but it still wouldnt move. then i went back to main menu and selected it again.

5. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Hi Matt,
    thx for the reply. I will try it!
    And if you have just another minute to look at my idea for alternativ controller layouts (PS4), it would be very interesting if it would work that way?

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...e-ps4-controller-layouts-german-trains.15754/

Thx and Happy Easter

Scarface

6. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Hi, yes it worked that way;)

Thx for the help

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just tried it on a PS4 here on both those services (both Laaers services) and both worked fine using the overcharge.

Release brakes
    Hold overcharge for 15 seconds (note the BP needle goes up a bit more)
    Wait 2 minutes
    Apply throttle

If you're on a hill of any kind you may want to apply direct brake just to hold the train in place while you get the wagons released.

If you want to prove it quickly - I put it on full power, and then while I had the overcharge down for a few seconds the train started to move, but normally you wouldn't have it sat on full power with all the wagon brakes locked :)

Matt.