Multi-monitor Support

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ItsYa165, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

It would be good to have a monitor select option in TSW2 so that the game will boot up on the secondary monitor. Some routes are great to play in 4K but sometimes I just want to play at a frame rate that's over 60. The "set your primary monitor in the Windows settings" idea really is a mediocre solution so I'll crush that now. Currently, switching the monitor requires windowing and using the usual shortcut key combinations. The disadvantages of this is that you have to do that every time and it doesn't update the menu settings either.

Someone's gonna come and say "That requires a UI artist!"... yeah well so did TrackIR ‍♂️. A lot of games have these monitor options so making TSW2 one of them would be a faff saver, at least for me. Maybe it's something to look into while porting the game this year.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

(Assuming they have dumped it completely) I think it may be something to do with the fact not many console players have taken RailDriver support very well, and said they're wasting resources on a trivial and niche thing that only benefits about 1/3 of players - TrackIR is probably even more less-used so they've probably gone "it's not going to be popular or well used, so why bother?"

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  3. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

Let's not jump to conclusions.
    TrackIR being removed from the roadmap doesn't mean it won't happen. It's just not being worked on right now.

That being said, there is a possibility of it not happening now that it's not on the roadmap.

I own a TrackIR myself, and as much as I want it supported there are a lot other optimizations I think should come before TrackIR.

• Helpful Helpful x 1