Multiplayer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tonydemonwilson, Nov 13, 2020.

1. tonydemonwilson

tonydemonwilson New Member

This goes out to the creator's of TSW2020

I'm enjoying all the tracks you have created so far, will there be a multiplayer version in TSW2020 in the future as I think this would be fun to play with friends and family online with multiple achievements by doing this...

Hope this can happen at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This discussion has been had before. The biggest issue seems to be what the non-driving player would be doing and how it would be engaging, as much as how it would be able to be done cross platform and without "malicious idiots" damning everyone else

• Like Like x 2
  3. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

And TSW2020 is the old game that's probably not being supported by DTG going forward as TSW2 is now the main game of their focus.

4. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

TSW2020 is DEAD, Multiplayer will come at some point, just not on TSW2020 Long live TSW2

5. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

I would like to add that multiplayer will come after another big achievement to come: steam trains. End of the year for that.

Hopefully summer 2021 for the multi;)

6. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Steam trains loooooong way off definitely not by end of the year, multiplayer even way farther than that too, don't know what you have been reading or told but they were lying massively........

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Multiplayer could come at any time to TSW2. Nobody knows when. It could be announced on Monday or it could be two years or more. Anyone who says they know either way is just guessing. It will appear on the roadmap first and that may be a few months prior to when it will be available. One thing is certain, it’s never coming to TSW2020, as that’s all finished with.

• Like Like x 2
  8. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

I apologize. I meant summer 2022! In 2021 we will normally have steam trains.

They clearly said in the roadmap:

Focus on 3 major projects: Longer routes and higher speeds (completed).

The second project: The first steam train routes (would arrive in 2021 surely in the summer). And the last big project: multiplayer. I repeat this to contradict ARuscoe who says DTG wouldn't have a good idea for multiplayer. This is completely wrong since they found a good plan for it and are working on it. But not for now and not for TSW 2.

BUT! If you think about it a bit: we realize that a TSW comes out every 2 years. With an upgrade after one year. (2017: TSW FE "TEST GAME", 2018: TSW "GAME", 2019: TSW2020 "UPDATE" AND 2020: TSW 2 "GAME").

So in 2021: TSW 2022 "UPDATE OF TSW2 (LINES WITH STEAM TRAINS)"

And 2022: The New game TSW3? With Multiplayer?

Reply me and angages discuss with that, rail fans ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

They said they do not want to do TSW3 any time soon as they dont want to have to do Preserved Collection again (and if people all of a sudden loose 90% of their Content, they wont be happy)

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

On next Monday? Just can't wait! So amazed!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

I didn't say DTG wouldn't have a good idea. From what I've seen they haven't published anything as an idea anyway. The posts I've seen before focussed on what the second player would do (presuming the first was driving the train) and the ideas focussed on a dispatcher (so routing the train) a guard (opening and closing doors, checking tickets) or other train drivers

For me none of these would be appealing because I have the game to drive trains...

12. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

That would be a shared world. But if it's a private session. You could both operate trains. Or go exploring.

13. WVUadam

where did you get the idea this might be happening. There hasn't been any announcements for it

14. WVUadam

DTG haven't even got TSW2 running correctly yet. With preserved collection bug's. We haven't even got progression like mastery for example.

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

>>>
    Stujoy is always right! So...
    Don't destroy my dreams! It will be Monday! I am 100% sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have been right on more than zero occasions, that’s as high as I can estimate. As I posted that on Friday and the Monday in question has already passed with no announcement we will have to go with my second choice of “in two years time.” I have also been wrong on many more than zero occasions, so your dreams are not completely destroyed yet!

• Like Like x 1
  17. WVUadam

People seem to believe you too far and run off with it. Unless there's a insider leaking content.all what anyone can do is guess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

He is just joking

• Like Like x 2
  19. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Although multiplayer isn't on my personal list of priorities for TSW, I think alot might be learned from looking at other sims such as Bus Simulator. The second player could act as guard - locking and unlocking doors, giving the ready to start signal (and advising driver of need to stop at request stops), issuing tickets (and penalty fines) and maybe even offering assistance on arrival times and return journey departures.

If you look in the guards compartment of the BR Class 101 Met-Cam DMU there is the button above the inward opening door to give (stop and proceed) buzzer instructions to the driver. It is even modelled to function as Released and Pressed (although AI driver currently just follows programmed routine).

20. WVUadam

Yes haha.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ARuscoe

If you're both operating trains properly, where's the interaction? Multiplayer normally would incorporate an interactive element
    And explain "go exploring" in a train driving simulation game? Trains can't exactly go "off piste"

22. WVUadam

Well the interaction could be your riding as a passenger and join another person's train. Or if your train couples up to another service.

A main interaction is ticket inspector / train guard for multiplayer.

What I meant was exploring is both you and your friend. Walk round the route.

23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Another train sims, with a multiplayer option - you can see how it works and why, on YT :)

24. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

When will the longer route be completed?

25. ARuscoe

This is no different to riding AI
    Interesting, but only for a few seconds when you then go off and drive something else not involving the other players
    Which is fine on commuter or local routes, but regional, where the stops my be every half an hour, or intercity where they're every hour?

• Like Like x 1
  26. WVUadam

May have to do Ai things to but also
    What about attending a trolley service for intercity services. Selling snacks.

27. ARuscoe

Did that as a job when I was 19 out of Cardiff. Again, would be one sweep per stop (where there's sufficient space between stops) so on a regional, that's once every half hour or so

28. WVUadam

Also it wouldn't be for every route just for some that have that option. Or perhaps work in First class for customers.

29. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

A problem would be that not everyone has the same DLC's and some people don't follow rules (stop to make other people wait, not following speed limits)

30. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

If the train is deliberately stopped in a certain section of the route while driving, the system can determine that the player is leaving, and only needs to wait for a period of time. For example, if the player does not start the train for two minutes, the system will directly leave the server. Or the AI will take over and continue driving the player’s train to the designated location.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

That is a good point