Euro Fishing Multiple Profiles / Gaining Unfair Acdvantage

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by gazza #twist3d3k, Feb 8, 2017.

1. gazza #twist3d3k

gazza #twist3d3k New Member

Really annoyed to see that Tuesday yet another multiple profile user has finished & because they didn't win with 1st profile they fished again & won,
    Ok it's been explained it's perfectly legitimate but surely that's gaining & unfair advantage over the people that actually play the game properly,
    Multiple profiles should be banned
    if you used 1 profile to fish tournament then your second profile should not be able to access the daily tournaments

I'm sure others would agree

• Like Like x 5
  2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I fully agree. And your GT name should be used , not profile name. This is definitely an unfair advantage for people who have the time to do multiple sessions every day with multiple profiles. It makes no sense that it's allowed as it's essentially " Here have a do over ". I see that as cheating , you can't call it anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gazza #twist3d3k

gazza #twist3d3k New Member

All dovetail have to do is if you fish one profile on tournament then it should deactivate your ability to join that same tournament with another profile associated with your gamer tag ! It's that simple

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sam Hollingsworth

Sam Hollingsworth New Member

sorry didn't see this before stating thread in general. totally with you, it just spoils the game entirely and haven't been in tourneys since whole object of game is switched to most characters made

5. TrainSim-Jio

TrainSim-Jio Member

Hello,

If the same user plays with multiple characters, we usually spot this and only allow one of them to go through (the one with the highest score)- we definitely do encourage players to only use one character as generally it is a waste of time.

6. Sam Hollingsworth

Sam Hollingsworth New Member

but why wouldnt i just keep making characters until I'm number one ? if i make say 10 that gives me 10 entries for a so called high score, if i make 25? i get 25 entries with only my best counting. beats the guy who's actually good at the game who's 2nd place with only 1 entry. how can i make this more clearer? everyones saying it yet you don't understand

7. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Thus allowing cheating. When a player does this NONE of his scores should count and he should be DISQUALIFIED completely. Or the game should be fixed so that it is impossible to enter multiple profiles. How can this be so hard to understand that this is CHEATING.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim-Jio

TrainSim-Jio Member

Hello guys, quite simply it would be a waste of time entering multiple characters as it is a waste of time, as the other scores for the characters that don't make a decent score do not count. It is much better to just spend your time on one character rather than multiple.

9. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I'm sorry Jo but if your only answer is.. Its a waste of time, then what you have replied with does not fill a consumer with confidence, especially from a staff member, let's say the leader has 100 fish and only submits that score, then I come along and catch 90, then I think I'll have another go, so I do and I catch 105 which puts me top, that isn't me wasting time, that's me winning because I have cheated, now let's say the person who caught 100 only had 1 attempt because they only had time for that 1 attempt, I come along and have time for many attempts, therefore I stand a greater chance of winning. Making it so you have 1 attempt only will fix this immediately. What you have posted makes it seem like you actually don't care if people cheat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Yo DTG crew, seriously you guys need to pull your finger out. Multiple profiles with same Gamertags on the leaderboards. Doesn't really matter if their top score counts. Its the principle of the fact that cheating is happening and its another problem that ISN'T being addressed. Updates are badly needed asap! Ps I expect to also receive the new DLC for free after all the problems I've had to put up with and my 3 T-shirts I haven't received

11. TrainSim-Jio

TrainSim-Jio Member

Hey guys,
    We feel that allowing multiple attempts is only fair for our players, as this will open them up to trying different tactics- it is natural that someone with more time might acquire a higher score. This is our attempt at trying to please as many players as possible, as as we have mentioned before we do eliminate the lower score if the same player has entered twice.

12. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Ok if you guys think that's the best way to go bout it who am I to change ya minds lol

13. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Its only fair?. So the people who are time restricted because of various things basically have no chance of winning. Hmm yup.. Seems mighty fair to me. So Jo you have just stated that you allow cheating in your game is that correct?. Not gonna bother wasting my time on your game or your company in the future.

14. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Hi Titan28 and all others on this thread. Jio hasn't stated that we allow cheating at all. The rules state that you can have x number of attempts to record your best score under one profile name so if 'Darren' had the 3 attempts that he was allowed and ranked 3rd, 10th and 50th in his three attempts, only the attempt that ranked at 3 would count towards league points - there is no cheating in that. If however, 'Darren' then had another 3 attempts using a different character name (say David) and ranked in the top 25 with any attempts using that character, that is cheating and all attempts under that name would be removed.
    If Darren scored points on the Monday but used the character name David on the Tuesday then there is every chance that these scores will be recorded separately rather than being combined which means he is penalising himself - that is why it is so important to use the same character throughout.
    This is what we believe to be the fairest and most balanced system

15. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Hi Darren could you please change my name on the league leaderboards from Graeme to my GT iiFuRiiOuSs F81 thanks

16. billy

billy Member

i have to agree with the thoughts of the majority, however my GT has appeared twice a couple of times and will no doubt do so again. the reason , my son created a profile. so is that classed as cheating, at the moment he has limited baits and tackle but he will not gain anything by entering the same tournaments. as he progresses. is that fair.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

How is it a waste of time? ? ? Its a tournament n thus should be on an equal terms . . . simple solution 1 go only for everyone. . is like saying in this fishing match you can stay at the end n go again n if you beat the best weight you win - suspect very quickly people stop coming to your tournament cause it aint a tournament anymore . . its just fishing tell ya win . . no other way to view it. . think your customers make that clear . . suspect dtg very much know this but clearly choose to avoid it. . .dont see many posts
    thanking you for my 5 goes cause now ive "won" again. . you say you want feedback, well this issue is pretty dominant across.platforms,yet nowt is done. . .either admit its a difficult fix or at least own the fact your tournament really aint a tournament . . .anyway off to replay that semi final i keep losing until i win it cause thats what you do in tournaments n matches ! !

18. ian

ian Member

same crap on ps4

19. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The feedback you gave us has been presented to the development team and they are currently looking at the features requested to see how feasible it is to implement them and how long it would take to do so. At present the tools we use to create the tournaments do not allow for restrictions like these to be put in place.

• Like Like x 1
  20. titan28

titan28 Active Member

@DTGStephen.. this is much better in communication terms, you have acknowledged there is a problem and have given us information as to why it is like this, this is what the community wants from you and the team, its way better than just saying, "soon" or some vague non descript answer.

21. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

helpful reply thanks. .