Xbox Multiple Xbox

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kt291076, Jun 13, 2021.

1. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

We've got 2 xboxes. One for me and one for the kids. On mine everything works fine. All 3 accounts can use the game and the extra routes I've bought.

On the second Xbox the game can only be played on my account and not the kids. Also any extra routes that have been bought are not loaded. Am I missing something?

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, you're not missing something.
    All accounts can share your XBL subscription on your main or primary XBox only.
    If you use a second XBox under the same main/primary account, the sub accounts cannot access any games etc from the main account holder/XBL subscriber.
    Your purchased routes should still be playable using your main/primary account on the second XBox. You may need to go into your account and check that the routes say owned. They should be downloadable again on your second XBox.

3. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Sorry if I sound a bit dumb on this. The second xbox has XBL on it but obviously a different XBL subscription. So on the second Xbox only I can play the game.

This might explain when one of the kids tried to download TSW2 on their Xbox it asked for 24.99 but on my account it said I owned it and let me download it.

So the basics are that it is only attached to my Xbox for everyone to play but only my account on the second Xbox.

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the gist of it.

I could use my gamertag on your main console (the one you are registered for and are the XBL subscription holder) and play my games as well as yours but you couldn't play mine as it is not my primary/main console.

I'm guessing that your second Xbox is registered to one of your kids as the primary/main account and they have their own XBL subscription on that console.

Idk if I'm making any sense here or if you'll understand my way of trying to explain it.

5. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Yeah your making sense. The XBL on the kids Xbox was registered under my wifes account for some reason. Might see if they can play it under her account as she will never play it. I'm guessing though if that's the case as she has never downloaded the game as her the same problem would happen.

6. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Yeah just tried it under my wifes account. It didn't work. So it's just attached to my xbox and my account then.

I'll just hope my xbox doesn't break then.

7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

yes, it will be attached to your account and your primary Xbox.
    As the second one is under your wifes account and she hasn't purchased the game, it won't be playable to other accounts on that Xbox and will only be available for you to play using your own account.

8. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Brilliant. Thanks for your help in understanding this.