PlayStation Munich - Augsburg Price

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by C00ldud5, Oct 20, 2020.

1. C00ldud5

C00ldud5 New Member

I think it’s disappointing to hear that console players will only get the default services included with Munich to Augsburg.

Since we will be getting less content than most PC players, I think that the price of the route should be reduced for consoles until the other services are added.

Vote in the poll if you agree.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t agree with this really. DTG has been very open about the fact console players will only get the services in the HMA route until the layers are added at a later date. Players are now informed and can decide whether to buy now or wait until later. I don’t think the route should be discounted and will not expect it to be. I’m happy to pay the asking price to get the route on Day One.

• Like Like x 7
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It would be weird. Players who do not have the MSB RRO HRR could expect a similar discount for PC :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’m probably not going for this one until the layer issues are worked out. Just want IOW to be patched and I’ll get that instead

• Like Like x 3
  5. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I'm not sure I'd expect it to be cheaper. This is a current limitation imposed by lesser hardware on the consoles. It's disappointing, but if I wanted super graphical fidelity, and full routes etc, then I'd go and spend a fortune on a top end PC. In fact, it seems that the limitation of consoles may actually generate more work for them, if they come good on their intention to offer the extra layers on console after release. For that reason, and because they've been clear about it from the start, I wouldn't expect it to be discounted on console even though a reduced price would always be welcomed if they did.

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Paradoxically, the advantage of this state is the fact - they have to look for solutions optimizing their product. That's good! :)
    PS We will all benefit from this in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  7. C00ldud5

C00ldud5 New Member

To add to my post, it’s not that I don’t appreciate DTG being open about the issue. I’ll probably buy the route on Thursday whatever happens.

I just don’t think that console players should be paying the same price as the players who are temporarily getting 200-300 more services (I don’t remember the difference)

8. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I'm just going to wait for the route to go on to sale
    But I do think it should be a small bit cheaper to start with as most of the line will be dead

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is probably the difference between ~ 340 and ~ 427 (with extra layers) :)

10. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

They've not guaranteed they'll add them for console, so I guess you need to decide to either wait it out and see, or buy it now, enjoy it for what it is, and hope for the best. I'm in the latter camp for this one, as I'm enjoying the German routes at the moment, and would like to try it. That, and I also have money in the kitty after avoiding IOW.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh dear, if you don't know, don't say something wildly misleading.

The max with all layers is 427 timetabled services. Without layers you get 272 timetabled S-bahn services, and 53 timetabled ICE services, for a total of 325 timetabled services. That makes for a difference of 102, not 200-300.

• Like Like x 1
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

But you are paying for the route and the stock supplied not extra layered services governed by other add-ons you may or may not have. £24.99, if that is the price is the standard price for a route and stock in it's most basic form!

• Like Like x 5
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

At the moment the extra services might not work very well anyway, as the preserved collection stock used for them isn’t in fantastic condition. By the time it’s all fixed there may be a solution to the layering or further optimisations to the route to allow all the layers.

The price won’t be reduced because you still get the stand-alone content the same as PC players who don’t have the required DLC for the added services. If I buy it it will be because I think what will be included as standard is worth the money, as I’m already in a long wait to drive some of the services in SKA anyway, so a few more missing for now isn’t going to be a big issue.

• Like Like x 4
  14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I'm happy to pay the full price for it.
    Really annoyed at these people and these types of posts.

Hentis

• Like Like x 8