My Feedback On Kassel-würzburg (updated)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Br425, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Just a few thoughts I collected while my first experiences on the route (as a local in Kassel):

Positive feedback:
    - I love the ICE 1, it was a great decision to add it to the game and it is modeled incredibly well!
    - Also Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe station looks great and just like in real life!

- I freak out every time when coming out of the tunnels and going over a viaduct with this incredible view and the beautiful nature, and in addition the amazing looking new clouds. It makes me so happy, I have never had so much fun driving a train in Train Sim World!
    ice1.jpg even caught pantograph spark :)

- Also after the TSW 2 content has been imported, I could freak out even more by the amount of AI trains at the stations, especially at Würzburg Hbf. It is so so cool, I could just stay there all day and watch the trains pulling in and out the station.
    w.jpg
    Cant even capture the whole station with every train...

- I noticed that there is a three car Talent 2 as AI, which does not have any Saxonia Express logo or something. I really appreciate the effort of getting rid of that so the train fits the region. It's these small things that improve the immersion massively!
    - AI regional trains show the correct PIS, that is so cool!

- I love the fog! I did not expect that to be a part of dynamic weather but it got foggy in the morning and that just looked gorgeous, especially when you drive over the viaducts and see all the trees beneath you covered in fog!

Negative feedback/ improvement suggestions:
    - In Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe station, all the passengers use the small stairs that directly lead to the parking deck when leaving or entering the platforms. In reality, nobody uses these stairs!
    The main entrance/ exit for the platforms is that long ramp, everyone uses that, as it leads to the main hall of the station with all the shops. Some people also use the stairs that are behind that ramp at the northern end of the platform. But only very few people use the stairs that all TSW 3 passengers currently use. So I think that needs to be changed.

- The ICE 3 stops at the wrong spot in Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe on platform 2. Trains mostly stop in the roofed area since the main exit is that ramp, so passengers do not have to walk that far.
    The ICE 1's stopping point is fine, as it is just extremely long and fills almost the whole platform, but the ICE 3 stops way to far at the front of the platform, so that should be adapted.

- The PIS inside the ICE 1 needs to be improved!
    On the top of the display, you can see the train number and the final destination (e.g. ICE 581 München Hbf)
    The white stripe in the middle is supposed to show the next or current station (and sometimes the current speed, which I love!)
    And below, it shows all the stations that follow afterwards (it also already says "further stations" there so that makes sense :))
    I cant quite figure out how much of that is already implemented, because it is incredibly bugged.

- The PIS screens inside the ICE 3 are really cool, but also need a bit improvement: The white stripe (which correctly shows the next station) has the writing "nach" on it which means "terminating at". It should instead say "Nächste Station".
    Also, it says "ICE" twice at the top of the screen. This double "ICE" also appears on all the other ICE 3 PIS with the red text.
    But most importantly: Only the screens in the front and rear coaches work, those in the middle of the train are turned off!

- Some southbound ICEs start in Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe on platform 1 (example: the 0615 ICE 591 to München), those start on platform 2 in the game at the moment. Not a huge thing, but for a local like me noticable. It would also add some variety.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The Menu Music setting comes at 0% by default. Go to the audio settings and set it to 100%.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I updated the original post with new thoughts after playing for a bit and after the layers from TSW 2 have been added