My London Route Mini Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Oct 10, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

Playing on the base PS4. So far I’ve done the training and two scenarios to finish off the first set of Mastery Challenges. I did one other scenario but got stuck at an endless red light which I detailed in another post. I like what I’ve done so far: Quarry Line Quandary and Rerouted. I’ve enjoyed the scenery and the in the cab sounds. I finished both scenarios with no problems, including stopping at a red light mid journey on Rerouted, and the scenario finished perfectly. I’ve had issues with red lights before on routes so stopping anytime I’m not finishing my journey comes with some apprehension. I’ve had a great time on the route so far and feel my Rush Hour purchase was well worth it. But there are a few niggling issues that I think everybody, to some extent, is having. First of all I’ve been running trains with no passengers. None, zero, zilch. Also some stations are completely empty or some have just a few passengers. I’m talking mid day/afternoon. I’m talking London. Brighton. Gatwick. Not a major deal to me, especially if it improves the smoothness of the route, but it’s part of the Rush Hour dlc so you have that. There was more pop in then I remember from other routes I own but not annoyingly so. Just once in a while. And there’s definitely more slowdown but there are a lot of trains on the route so that might be a fair trade off for me but other players might feel it’s unacceptable. I’ve watched fences along the track get built as I drive my train down them. I’ve noticed some rough pixelated textures on trains as they pass me. It isn’t noticeable on every train that passes but once you notice it it seems to catch your eye every time. But overall I’m really enjoying the route. I feel like it’s what DTG wants for every route but obviously with every issue fixed. I’m sure most issues will get fixed eventually. PS: No crashes so far and every dlc is installed minus Diesel Legends and Cane Creek. I’am having fun.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Hi ace, being on a base ps4 have you found the missing layers noticeable or the busy timetable has been more than enough for you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ace

ace Member

I’m confused about layers really. There seems to be a lot of trains passing me. If layers are more or different trains driving the route I’m on, then there has been plenty of A.I. Traffic for me. There seems to be plenty to do and I’m afraid if they add to much it might adversely effect gameplay to a higher degree. If I didn’t answer your question sufficiently then write back with an explanation of layers. I usually just take a train on a route of my choosing and go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I loved how busy it was, feels like I'm constantly passing trains. I don't notice the lack of layers, but I do notice that there are only two types of trains I'm passing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Layers are different train types from other routes such as the 375 or 166 and for this release have been limited to next gen / pc only (for now)

• Like Like x 2