The Catch My Review Of 'the Catch' 150 Hours In

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by sifish#8352, Feb 3, 2021.

1. sifish#8352

sifish#8352 New Member

I'll start by saying all in all this is a fantastic game, though plagued by some game breaking bugs. As the title suggests I've spent around 150 hours on it and here are my thoughts.

Pro's

* The diversity of lakes and therefore fish species
    * The tournaments (some are much harder than others)
    * The concept of boss fish
    * Easy to pick up, difficult to master

Cons

* The bugs - there are too many bugs, some of which defy the very reasoning of choosing a fishing game to play in the first place. To name a few, the infamous motoring sound that seems to occur in 1/3 fishing trips.. at times it is so loud that there is no such thing as a 'peaceful' fishing experience. The fact that sometimes you pick up all 3 rods at the same time. getting stuck on the boats at Rotterdam. etc.

* The boss fish are seriously too rare. Now, having said that I'm all for them being rare for that extra sense of achievement, but seriously - since playing I have caught one in August 2020, 2 in November 2020 and that is it! I've fished with like every rig/weather/venue combination known to man also at this point. Infact judging by this website there are some that have never been recorded as being caught!

* Did I read somewhere that the devs have stopped fixing this game altogether now?

All in all a good game, if someone could advise me on any of these boss fish that would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi sifish#8352, thank you for writing this out. Some great points here.

I am going to take note of your list and pass it onto the development team. As for Boss Fish, we have our weekly Friday boss fish posts (on here and on social) to help, so if there is one specifically you'd like to see, let us know. We also have an active community over on our discord that likes to chuck tips and locations around all the time.

Boss Fish posts
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/the-catch/articles/article/boss-fish-friday

Discord link
    https://discord.gg/MPvhaVrWvX

3. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

The devs gave up on the game as soon as the other dlc come out, and with the boxed edition coming out soon its even more disappointing - as someone who has hunted boss fish exclusively for over 200 hours and caught maybe 25 (those are the easy ones too..) my recommendation is to give up on them entirely, unfortunately the devs are not fixing this game as they are working on a new one which is very disappointing for people like me who have bought numerous games from them in the past and all prior games had the same faults and have never been fixed - the boss fish fridays are a waste of time as they are as you mentioned too rare to find even when you know where to look, my brother and i spent collectively around 60 hours over the course of a week trying to catch the bull as an example and neither of us got it.