My Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MikeLi, Sep 27, 2017.

1. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

First of all, love the new game. Very nice engine and feels so real. But I have some thoughts that I've got when driving (only been driving GWE).

• One of the biggest things I would like to see improved is how the Services-gameplay starts. That you have to drive away immedietly doesn't feel real. When you start a service you should have at least 2-3min to set it up before departure. Would also be nice if either doors are closed and train is empty so you have to let passengers on, or doors are already open and passengers currently boarding. Cause right now it's like the driver enter the trains after someone else let the passengers on and closed the doors, not very real. Also, the "lock doors" message should not appear before departure time, as it is now you have to wait with doors closed.
    • The doors. If you just release the doors, the should not open if there isn't any passengers wanna get on/off. Now "Release doors" is equal to "open all doors" and doesn't feel like right. In the same way you should not be able to open the doors with the mouse if they are set to "locked" in drivers cab.
    • The passengers doesn´t work propertly. Many times big amount of passengers get stuck right after exiting the train. Also it generally feels like there is more people getting off the train than on.
    • I would love to see working destination displays (both on train and stations). About the signs on the stations it would be so cool if they showed the next train scheaduled for the platform. Like in OMSI2 you have working displays that shows minutes to next departure - based on the busses scheadule and maybe that would be possible here as well? Extra cool if it updated a train that is like more than 4-5min late with an "new ETA" time.
    • Passenger announcements on the train. And improve the ones on stations cause they are hard to hear sometimes.
    • Some of the trains should be double/tripple-coupled. Right now all trains are just single (or atleast I haven't seen any double trains so maybe I'm wrong).
    • Maybe add some more AI trains in the busiest areas (they don't have to be as high quality or driveable as the trains now, but just fill upp the line with some life ;) )
    • Possibility to see the whole timetable for the service in the service mode and not just next stop so you know which station you are calling at.

Think that was all for now. I hope that this provides you with some ideas for next update. These improvements would make the gameplay soo much better :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

Also, it would be a cool feature if random events was triggered like 1 out of 10 times you drive (like your train breaks down, people on the line, workers on the line, other trains break down and so on). Always these stuff is tied to scenarios but would be so cool if they where random in the service mode instead so you can't know before if you gonna have a good run or not. And not always the same thing happening at the same time, you should be able to drive the 21.33 from Reading one night without problems but the next time you drive it you have people on the tracks :D That would add so much realism and vareity to the game!

3. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

About the destination boards on the station that would also help you are gonna choose your next train. For example in Paddington, if the big destination board works, you can see which services that are due to departure and which platform they are in at. Now if it is 2-3 trains you have to go to everyone and check which is the right train.

4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I believe they're working on a Passenger Information System so that the destination boards in all the stations will work. I presume the destination boards on the Class 166 will too.

5. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

Very nice! More realistic and also helpful to know when and where trains on the stations are heading!

6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

That's certainly what Trainsim-Steve said in one of the comments to the Thames Valley Services article:

7. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

Wow, can't wait to get that system!! It would help a lot when you spawn walking on paddington and you can see all trains departure time and calling station and track number so they are easier to find :D

8. BenDragon81037

BenDragon81037 Member

I'd like to sit down on a bench with AI people (hopfully future TSW players when MP comes around), have a nice chat over a drink while trainspotting.

• Like Like x 1