N-wagen: An Alternative To The Dostos

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Sep 18, 2022.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Normally, I don't use the "we all", "i speak for the whole community" rethorics. But in this instance, I think it's very true that the german-interested community has seen enough Dostos. As most of us have like 4 copies of the same-gen-Dostos on our harddrives.

So let's finally have an alternative for the loco hauled regional services! And that's why I suggest the n-Wagen (or formally known as Silberlinge).

Quick infos:
    According to wiki, there are nearly 30 different types of these coaches. I suggest to have the cab car (Bndzf), the ABnrz (1st and 2nd class) as welll as the Bnrz (2nd class).

Bndzf, the cab car, also known als Wittenberger Steuerwagen, or WiKo:
    [​IMG]

ABnr[z] ("z" means it has the Zugsammelschiene. Most coaches were upgraded with it)
    [​IMG]

Bnrz
    [​IMG]

I think their vMax is 140 kph. It may be that some coaches were allowed to go 160 or just 120, but I don't know that for sure.

Now this begs the question: Which loco? Making three new coaches is a lot of work. I'd love to have a new loco with it. But I'd be totally fine, if it's "just" a BR 143 again. I'd happily take the 143 for these new coaches. IF they decide to do a new loco for it, i'd love to have the BR 218 with it (which I think is already in planning as a later DLC by TSG). Or even better: BR 110 or BR 111!

BR 110 (with Bügelfalte)
    [​IMG]

BR 111:
    [​IMG]

And the last question: As loco DLC or with a route?

As loco DLC, it would be in most places a bit anachronistic as the n-Wagen are today only in use as replacement trains, but hardly anywhere as "normal" service. There has been a time in 2021 i think where between Essen and Mülheim-Styrum an MRCE 182 + n-Wagen + WiKo in TRI-Livery was the only regional train due to some construction work. Also in general, i think for a long time on the S1, a BR 143 drove there with x-Wagen (which are a variation of n-Wagen). HRR would be a good candidate.

Also DCZ could be seen fit for it as it's our "oldest" route. But I don't know if there were n-Wagen around 2010 there. MSB would also be a great candidate for this DLC as it features a lot of regional stops.

And as part of a new route? Well, that's tricky again because there are hardly any modern timetables where "enough" n-Wagen drive to make it worth it (it would be kinda idiotic to make this train, so that it only has like 2 replacement services a day). So that would mean we need either an rather anachronistic placement of this older stock on modern timetables (which would be totally okay imo), so that this timetable could benefit from layers with modern stock like the ICE1/3, Dostos, Talents etc. OR: We finally get a rather historic route from the 90 where you could see a mix of n-Wagen, ICs, Dostos (?) and also the first ICEs. And the n-Wagen would be the new stock of the route.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

I’m all in agreement for the n-wagens. I’m sick of the dostos being on every route and simply painting IC coaches in DB Regio is just not the same. Especially with lacking the cab car. You have my vote for this sugggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We could really use some more variety in passenger rolling stock on the German routes. All we have is Dostos and a IC-cars used by only one particular loco. Would love to see these n-Wagen or anything that adds variety.

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

N-wagen can also come with DB Baureihe 141 151 140 139 if a route was made from 1970s-1990s. Alternatively these also fit Ruhr Sieg Nord if there was a 1990s-2007 Timetable for the route that was when Abellio NRW now Bankrupt got Baureihe 427-429 to run the route. Until 2022 when DB Regio NRW regained Ruhr Sieg Nord services

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

Definitely also agree it should be time for something different

All 3 Countries are full of repeats
    At first glance, nothing wrong with that, but it had to be a repetitive strategy, which is noticeable with the Dostos and the Electrostar.

UK:
    Electrostar
    class 377, class 375 , class 387 these are already in the game and they can even expand to other Livery
    or a new model class 379

Something classic wouldn't look out of place, just think of the.
    Class 455/9 / Class 421 / classe 411 /

New: Class 700, Class 800, class 745, class 720

Germany:
    Doppelstockwagen or Dosto DBpbzf 765.5
    are definitely already played, (10X) all just can't be new to the game anymore.

would also be a nice option
    Twindexx Vario / DABpbzfa 762.0 / Twindexx + BR 147 / or Iconische DB BR 111

USA:

SD40-2
    is already very often reused in a number of American routes.

Furthermore, in my opinion, America is still quite okay from copies.

or at least improvements if they copy.