National Oakville Subdivision: Hamilton - Oakville Route Add-on

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Is this module playable in TSW2 too? And can you use the wangons in CSX Heavy Haul?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

As far as playing in TSW2, yes because it has now been ported over to this app. As far as the cars from CSX, do not see why not if you devise your own activities.
    I have been playing it and enjoy it. There are a few minor grips I have like the signals do not totally work as they should. Once you pass the signal they do not drop like they should but stay lit in the aspect they were at when you passed. Also I have yet to see a whistle board and I do not think the entire route is a "quiet zone".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yes, some of the timetable services will use rolling stock from Sand Patch Grade, including custom liverys as well. The route will also use freight cars from the Peninsula Corridor if you own it as well.

However, I dont think the CN wagons are usable with Sand Patch Grade outside of the scenario editor.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

The route is ok but it´s basically a 2 straight sections line, so it can be boring some times. But if you like shunting you can have some real fun there.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

So i bought it, tried the shunting part ... buggy, could not decouple oil wagons, and gave it up.
    But those two locs are nice, once you get them to AMP up, sometimes a too cumbersome affair to get rolling.

6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I run this route all the time - never had a problem at all with any of the scenarios or timetabled events. Coupling and uncoupling again has worked as expected. Only nit I have is when you are spotting Ethanol tanks is they tell you to what for 10 minutes instead of having you fill the tankers. I always fill the tankers anyway,

So I have found this to be a very nice route since I enjoy freight way more than passenger operations.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bagotmatt

bagotmatt New Member

They have a reason for the wait 10 minutes instruction though. I believe I heard that the AI cannot actually fill up the tanks itself so in order to not break service mode, they have the 10mins function since that's something the AI can actually accomplish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I didn´t find issues with couplers yet. If you find any send a ticket to helpdesk so that they are aware of the problems and can be fixed. I have sent quite a lot of them during last days and usually they address them relatively fast.

Cheers

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

No-one talks much about this route, but I find it to be a lot of fun and, for me, bug-free so far. Being a freight and switching guy, it's great though I find all those "ghost " stations intriguing. I guess they're just scenery however.

10. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I just found a bug and reported it: the square type gantry signals have a problem with the size of the signal holding structure and the 3D model is bigger in one LOD than in the other, so you see a very noticeable change of size on the upper structure just a few metters ahead of signal. No other signals in other routes have this problem, as far as I have seen. The round type gantry ones on that route are perfect, same as in the Sand Patch route too. Rest of things seem to work well, as you said.

Example2 - After LOD switch.png

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1