Navigating The Ui

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DampWool, Jul 1, 2021.

1. DampWool

DampWool Member

I have 24 routes installed and 55 locomotives.

If I decide I would like to take for instance a class 66 for a run, then I can find no quick way to identify which routes are available to it.

I invite DTG to give this some consideration when thinking about the UI.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Good point. The whole UI is based upon first selecting the route, and then selecting the loco. If you want to drive a specific loco, you can only do so if you're already familiar with all the routes and know what locos they offer.

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The whole menu UI needs an overhaul. Having a single list to scroll to find the route you want is already ugly and inefficient. It would be nice if we could have more search filtering options like in TS20xx. It would make it a lot easier to navigate all of the content.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

Kinda wished that TSW had a start menu like Fishing Sim World. Just something nice and modern, simple and easy to understand. Clear and concise to the point. Sure it would have some extra button presses but it makes more sense than the menu UI that's currently in Train Sim World 2.

I've inserted some screenshots from Fishing Sim World.

Some thoughts,
    - create a UI that is uniform, something that makes the player... wow.
    - something that makes it stand out from the rest.
    - menu that is clear and easy to understand / that reduces overlap wherever possible eg. Livery Editor, tools should be on the main game menu, not in the route.
    - the Lake Selection screen would be a nice way to select your route (if they were categorically sorted by country).
    - the Lake Selection screen could be also ideal to select locomotives too?

I know this is probably something that would take years to make, but I'm still amazed how far Train Sim World has come in the last 5 years.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3