Nec:new York Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Keystone Railfan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Keystone Railfan

Keystone Railfan New Member

There are 3 main things i want to address with the NEC:New York route that need addressed, Cab Signaling, Service mode and tunnels not loading. First off the Cab signals in the tunnels out of new york are absolutely horrible and need fixed because heading towards Newark the signal will be green heading out of New York. The second you pass this signal the cab signals instantly put you into restrict and the rest of the signals in the tunnel are green aswell. As for the other tunnels heading towards sunny side and New Rochelle when heading in those tunnels there is no other train in front of you and the signals are yellow where they should be green then yellow closer towards New York. I like this route but find it unenjoyable to play when i can’t use the cab signals and be able to run the speed limits in parts that i should be allowed to. Second item is service mode. Recently I just got the Amtrak pack with the cab car and noticed when driving in service mode that every time i drive the cab car out of New york to newark that right before the tunnel the signal is always red and i have to wait for a northeast regional behind me that sits there forever to go. I should get a green aspect as i go up to the tunnel and proceed down the tunnel ahead of the Northeast Regional. This also makes the game i enjoyable since i have to wait a pretty good chunk of time to proceed down the tunnel towards newark. The final thing is that there is always a tunnel loading issue mostly in the tunnel going towards newark that as you go through it you can see trees above and the sun light coming through and just track. After going a little more it then comes back but it usually does this about once or twice. I hope these issues i have addressed will help with fixing the problems most other people experience and will make the route fun and enjoyable.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1