Nec Signaling And Safety Systems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jack travers, Nov 4, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Is there any videos that can teach me how to Uses ACSES and the other safety systems. I was thinking about picking up Boston Sprinter and the potential Acela DLC, And the new Route coming out (if it’s NEC)
    Could be real life could be TSC or TSW

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The problem with boston sprinter is that the signalling is 'broken' so you'll be crawling at like 30mph even though the route is clear, causing significant delays. The system is basically super cautious and looks miles ahead beyond the map and causes you to slow down. Also cactusjuice was talking about how everything worked before he released the route but then broke down after it released. If you run without atc/acses, you can arrive on time.

In terms of videos, there should be some by the ambassadors. I think trainsimulator driver has videos. And I think videos will pop up if you search how to use atc and acses in tsw. I'm not sure. But basically..

You turn on the atc, acses and alerter switches in the back. Alerter is like sifa or dsd so it'll beep and you just acknowledge. For atc and acses, just follow the signals. It'll be marked on your hud by it's own arrow. The system is reactive so it won't notify you in advance to slow down. It'll just show show a lower speed limit and you just need to put brakes into suppression and let the loco do its job. When it tells you to slow down, put the automatic brake into suppression, which is like 64-66%, (forgot actual value but it's labeled as suppression) until you get below the speed limit. If it tells you to go from 60 to 45, put brakes into suppression and keep there until 45. Even though it'll show you the warning symbol for speeding, you won't get penalized. Make sure to acknowledge the beep too. Same procedure with the f40, cab car and acs64. If you don't put it into suppression, your train will eventually come to a stop.

3. jack travers

So it’s not like LZB with the automatic de-Acceleration. Gotcha

I’ve seen a video with the Harlem line trains (I’m pretty sure) and The Line speed was 10 mph but the ACSES said 25mph and when he was going 25 he got penalized for it?
    Is that a glitch or a meant to be ?

Thanks for this rennekton#1349 I understand this a lot more.

4. rennekton#1349

Depends on what is lower. If line speed is 10 but acses is 25, you go 10. If acses is 25 and line speed is 50 for example, go 25. Otherwise, the system will yell at you for going over. If you have it off, you can go to line speed

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  5. jack travers

Ah understood. Thank you very much

6. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Here is a guide I made that may help you. I don't have a video at this time because the signals and ACSES in Boston is not correct. I am (in my spare time) working on the Boston signals and have produced some excellent results in the past week. No promises on a patch anytime soon, but there is hope.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

When I created the original timetable in 2019, the timings worked flawlessly. Due to the dispatcher changes since 2019 and the different Simugraph values for all the locomotives since then, the original timetable wouldn't compile. So when the timetable was adjusted, a lot of things such as "Dispatch Beyond Instruction" got left out. This results in signals being at Stop which would ordinarily be Clear and causes you to lose points on timetable services. I could go really in-depth on this explanation, but I'll leave it at that unless you have a specific question.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

No need. I wouldn't understand the dev talk/language lol. Thank you for your hard work :)

• Like Like x 1