Need Your Little Help With Locomotive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Apr 24, 2020.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

OK one of the scenario in readme.txt tell me that I have to download the file (locomotive) from the RWA library which I did. Also followed the instructions to install them into Assets folder in Train Simulator 2020. OK now what happening is with the locomotive that I don't see the locomotive and just the coupler of this locomotive. What do I miss this to make sure the locomotive show in TS 2020? Usually if that happen to me and all I did is to swap the locomotive or rolling stock replace the missing even I followed the instructions. And I thought that I should learn how to correct this to have the locomotive show in scenario not just the couplers? Hope someone can tell me what to do with this part?

Thank you,

John

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Which loco?

Most of the time if you only see the couplers it's because you need to copy the texture file (geopcdx) from the original version of the loco to the folder of the new one.

So if you tell us which loco we can direct you on this

3. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Sorry that I did not come back sooner to this forum. Anyway here are two files to download. Start with ALCo S2 by Richard Chargin (Dogmouse) (freeware) and Additional Liveries for the ALCoS2 by Michael Calvin (freeware, includes GN loco). Both files are in RWP and extract in Utilities in Train Simulator? Not sure which is first or doesn't matter also after extract both RWP files. Are those two folders combined into one folder or leave as is with two folders.

Let me know about this.

Thank you again,

John

4. ARuscoe

OK, just spent some time on this...

First I went here :http://www.railworksamerica.com/ind...ment&id=1961:alco-s2&catid=18:engine-repaints
    Downloaded the main ALCO S2 package (140Mb) and the install fix (500kb)
    went to my downloads, unpacked them both from the zip files using 7zip and then installed them both with package manager

Went into train simulator, into the editor and the S2 was there fine, able to be placed and viewed in a standard scenario as per the readme

Exit Train Sim, back to RWA and download this : http://www.railworksamerica.com/ind...ries-for-the-alco-s2&catid=18:engine-repaints
    Unpack, install through utils back into Train sim and those ones have QDs so I can now Quick Drive four of the repaints

I went back into the scenario editor and see screenshots below of 10 variant repaints on London Fictional Route (don't have any US routes so used that instead)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

All is good and my problem is that I did not get the fix from the same file download. I did not realized that there is an down arrow to go on next from the top to get another file download. Thank you for your post with screenshots. Can run now with this locomotive on one of the scenario not just the couplers of the locomotive or engine showing in the game.

Appreciate with your help with this.

Cheers,

John

6. ARuscoe

I didn't find the website at all easy to use, navigate etc but I guess if it's what ya got...