Neutral Section Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StellarBeorn, Nov 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Hello,

I downloaded a third party route but I can't seem to route an electric train through a certain section of it. The entire route is electrified and I can run diesel locomotives on it just fine, but I cannot run electric locomotives through a neutral section and I have no idea why. The game will not give me a route and my service just fails.
    Anyone have any idea as to why?

Thanks!

FYI This is the route:
    https://www.tsturkeystudio.com/trakya-v0-01

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Just because a route has Overhead Wires does not mean you can run an electric train.
    And even if you don't have Overhead Wires you can still run electric trains if the conditions are right.

The track can have a number of properties apart from Speed it can show Electrification
    Electric.jpg The track going to the left under the bridge is not Electrified - the colour is Black with a White Electric zig-zag and it is crossed out.
    The section coming towards the view point is Electrified so you can run an electric train over it.
    And the wires above the train are a scenic item so you are not driving where there is no wires or third rail.

Screenshot_IOW Network v7_50.70285--1.49438_09-20-59.jpg There is no Third rail in the picture above but I can still run an Emu because of the Track Properties are Electric

Because you don't have a complete route without a gap you are unable to run a train on the route you linked to.
    You can either fix it yourself or contact the people who made it to get them to update it for everyone who has it.

Peter