New Add On For Tsw(routes)content Vs Cost=$?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, May 6, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The average new route is $30.00(US)(I'm not sure about UK or GR)But the length of the route always gets the most flak for being to short.But i would contend that if you don't have at least 3 new locos then that what i would be unhappy about(And i don't mean recycled ones)now if exsisiting locos can be used on this new route that great but there still needs to be new ones as well.So what do you need to see in a new route to justify buying it at a $30.00 price point?

2. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

I hate to sound a bit old, but when I started buying console games for the Sega master system in the mid 80's you paid £40 for a game that was completed and redundant within 48 hours....

I've played TSW for 1000's of hours and still have 1000's of hours left for about a £120 outlay....

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I guess going forwards most route releases, especially ones that are similar to previous routes, will come with just the one or two new trains and use existing trains where applicable. Other trains will then be released as later DLC, as has been the case so far.

Each route and what comes with it can be evaluated on many levels to see if it’s worth the money. That includes variety of services, number of branch lines, which all could be with just one train, like LIRR was. There could be a route where lots of existing trains can be used, and that could be the value of that route. Or it could just be that you like a route in real life. I don’t think the number of new trains would be the thing I looked at first when evaluating a route but it’s certainly a factor.

I’d say that I’ve definitely got value for money with everything I’ve bought for TSW, even the DLC I’ve bought at full price, and the current pricing seems fair.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

There's always a sale going on for PC users, and every few months console players also get discounts (for example, last week we had -41% on the RRO route for Xbox One).

I've already paid full price for TSW content, and I do find the cost to be appropriate.
    Why? Let me tell you (these are my opinions!)

1. The work that goes into each locomotive is incredible. See video: DB BR 204
    2. The work and scope put into each of the routes. The team goes out and visits some of these locations, takes thousands of pictures, and spends time with the train companies. The MP36PH-3C for example has all authentic sounds and modelling. It's not every day you get CalTrain or other companies to license their locomotives. This is as close to a train as we can be. See video:
    3. Endless content. I can spend literally an entire month focusing on just one route (and I already have!)
    4. All of these points put together require a lot of time, work and talent. I'm happy to support DTG release more content, because that's what I want. It's every railfans dream!
    5. I can spend $400 for a train model of an F40PH-2, or I can spend $30 (or less with a discount) for two locomotives + a route.

Again, my opinion!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Let's hear it for optimism -- an endangered species around here, but sometimes spotted! Hats off to JohnnyK98!!

• Like Like x 1