New City On Train Destination Display On Platform?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by alex-vrtrx, May 16, 2022.

1. alex-vrtrx

alex-vrtrx New Member

Today I jumped into the game and selected a timetable Aachen to Cologne and after the scenario loaded I was met with a suprise. The displays on the platform showed "Gießen" as the destination which really confuses me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought that maybe some mods where doing that even though I didnt install a mod like that and only had sound mods. Anyway, I removed all mods and reloaded the game but its still there. Now I was even more confused. I am from Gießen/the region around it, so does the Game know where Im from or what? (Notice that I wasnt logged into a dovetail account. I only made an account to post this now). Im sure I dont need to say this but there arent any regional express trains from Aachen to Gießen. Gießen doesnt even have an RE9 line to begin with.
    Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

mmm.. Could it be a easter egg pointing to the next German route?

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The recent Preserved Crew update implemented the latest PIS system which includes offmap destinations. But there must have been a goof, if suddenly the RE9 is sent to Gießen. In fact, there appears to be in real life no direct connection between Aachen and Gießen at all, nor is there an RE9 service anywhere in Hessen!

4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Offmap destinations on PIS is nothing new...

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The only way this is done in Real life is a Transfer to RE98/99 at Siegen. RE9 uses SKA Koln Siegen Line and correct PIS should be Siegen

6. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Until around 2011 the RE9 went to Gießen every other hour, but was shortened with all trains terminating at Siegen.
    Maybe someone at DTG saw old photos and used them for reference?

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

2010 version would have VRS RMV Stickers because Gießen is in Hessen where it has RE98/99 to Frankfurt Am Main Hbf

• Like Like x 1
  8. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Actually, as the "old" RE 9 was not the result of a tender, but part of the old contracts before there were any private railways on the DB network, general DB Regio NRW stock was used which at that time just had the NRW logo decals and nothing else, not even VRS. This was mainly because the stock was widely used on all regional lines in NRW and not exclusively for one line.
    Nowadays the various lines are grouped to networks (which sometimes consist of only one line like the RE9) and mostly the logos of the involved local transport authorities ("Zweckverband") which issue the invitation for tenders are used. In Cologne and Aachen this were VRS and AVV before, but were merged to NVR later. VRS and AVV are nowadays just the transport associations ("Verkehrsverbund") which decide the fares.
    Also, 2010 the Gießen - Frankfurt lines were still RE 30/40 (30 towards Marburg, 40 towards Siegen).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1