New Debrief And Task Log Scroll Fault?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wayneb, Aug 16, 2019.

1. wayneb

wayneb New Member

With TSW 2020 they have introduced the ability to hold down the map screen which brings up the task log screen and stations to visit. There doesn't seem to be a way to scroll down through this list like you can if you pause the game and see the same info and then use the right joystick button to scroll down through the list. It would appear you are meant to be able to do this with the non pause menu version as there is a slider graphic on the right of the screen indicating where you are through the log..but using the same right joystick or d-pad up and down DOESNT scroll the log? Not a massive issue as its there in the pause menu but does seem silly you cant move the info in the in game screen?

More disconcerting is at the new Debriefing screen at the end and again you cannot scroll down through the stations you stopped at and see the times you arrived etc. I've pressed every button in case I'm doing something wrong but nothing scrolls the info down. In the old version you could view all your stops and see which ones you arrived on time. This is quite important with the Rapid Transit route as there are around 18 stops and as this new end game screen only has room to display around 6 stations your obviously not seeing your whole journey results if you can't scroll down through the list. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Your first issue isn't a fault in my opinion - you get to see your last action, your current action, and your next one. It's quite neat like that, I think. That said, I am fairly sure that I saw a video online with someone scrolling through the pop-up schedule. Maybe you need a keyboard to do this? (If I find out, I will let you know). Anyway, as you say, you can see the full schedule list by pausing, but only while you are still within the running simulation*.

Your second issue is a big one. I have submitted a ticket on it, as follows:
    -----------
    Incomplete Debriefing Summary
    After completing a module, the summary list of objectives met, including timing and stop accuracy is limited to six entries, irrespective of the number of stops and objectives in the module. A vertical scroll bar has not been implemented for the list in the panel beneath the performance evaluation graph. A limit of displaying the first six entries is surely not the intended specification for this new feature. User cannot see the summary of any objective after the sixth objective.

(Please) implement a vertical scroll slider bar, and list all relevant objectives for each module, upon completion. Other suggestions, to improve the debriefing screen, have been (or will be) provided in other support tickets..
    -----------
    When I submit tickets like this, I am told that it "appears to be feedback rather than an issue (that) can (be) address(ed) in the form of support", and I think that the tickets are all then closed out and just completely ignored. So I won't be submitting Support Tickets again for a while, and even then, probably just one generally covering the faulty/deflecting Support Ticket System. We'll see.

*This is another fault, which I will write up, at some point, to be corrected as a "future feature" suggestion.

• Like Like x 2