New Error That Prevents The Game From Starting After Everything Ran Fine

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Everything ran fine until now, but windows is complaining that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime is required to run TSW. OK so i hunted this down, tried to install it but it refused because a newer version is present. This all happens out of the blue. Anybody had this happen before?

Attached Files:

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've had an update of the C++ runtime which has impacted on TSW

Submit a ticket to DTG as if this is true this will impact many people over time

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I decided not to submit a ticket to DGT yet as I've found a solution. Basically C++ 2015 was never on my system from the start which makes it very interesting. I've had all other years but never 2015. So what's more interesting is that when I tried to install the 2015 C++ it refused. The best solution in this case for me was to UN-install all C++ runtime modules, reboot the system and reinstall them all starting with the 2015 and then download a program called VC_RedistInstaller which automatically re-introduces the other modules. TSW was able to run again. Do advise me if you'd still want me to do a ticket for it still

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If that's the workaround then no need, but I will remember the post so if I see it again I'll point this out to whoever needs it

5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for sharing this Gabe_1.0.

No need for you to submit a ticket, I've already passed this to the respective individuals to add to our Knowledgebase.

Best, Steve