New Features

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by daviddaz, Sep 2, 2020.

1. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

How about adding things like a signal failure and other random events . Within reason. We don’t want to be sitting at a signal for 2 hours real time . But it would be good to have something that adds some depth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Sing that song loud dude I'm all for random event's playing out in game, not just in select scripted scenarios, if this ever happens and comes to the game my brain would explode, for the happiness and glee would not be able to be contained :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Yes all for this. Or perhaps have a late running train by let's say couple of minutes and that delays your train so the challenge would be to catch up time by the end of your finishing destination. Faulty signals, stopping for a faster service to pass your train as it was delayed. Express services have right of path.

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I believe Sam and Matt mentioned once in an Q and A that they actually did random events (or tested it) at some point and the feedback was really negative, since it lead to you doing a "bad job" on a service which was not your fault.
    Maybe if possible you could do a menu option to switch random occurrences on/off, if they ever consider adding these events again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I would be happy even if it was just if you were late that the timetable didn't stop and you had to fit around other ongoing services both freight and passenger, but I'm sure at the moment trains that you could possibly affect wait till after you have gone instead of just doing their own timetable, I'd love to have to wait around at a station wondering when the next available path for my service would be suddenly getting a green and resuming the journey a real life simulation of delays, or hanging about in a goods loop, or even sent into the goods loop because the I'm the 1 holding up the whole timetable, and that's just time based not with broken down trains or other stuff.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020