Bassmaster 2022 New Hat/hair Bug Post Patch 4

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by Buschyfor3, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

I know that patch 4 was supposed to address hair glitching through hats, but now it’s created a new bug (at least on Xbox One) - hats are now broken and you cannot save a hat to both of your character model’s outfits!!

On Xbox One - you cannot select a hat to wear for both of your practice or tournament outfits at the same time; the hat only seems to save on your practice outfit, but only if you don’t try to toggle over to view your tournament outfit.

How to recreate: Select a hat from the options character creation options (I personally use the Yamaha Pro Fishing baseball hat). Upon pressing “A” to select the hat, it displays the hat on your character. Then press “B” to return to the prior screen within the appearance menu. If you then toggle from your practice outfit to your tournament outfit, and then back to practice outfit (using the “RB”/“LB” button) it immediately reverts your character back to the “buzz cut” hair option for your character with no hat on. Does not matter which outfit you make changes on first - if you start by editing your practice outfit at add a hat, it resets your hair/hat on your tournament outfit. If you start by editing your tournament outfit first to add a hat, it resets your hat/hair on your practice outfit.

If you save a hat to your practice outfit, then back out to the main game menu and re-enter the character customization menu, the hat will still be on your practice outfit, so long as you don’t then use RB/LB to toggle between your outfits - as soon as you toggle between outfits, it disappears from both your practice and tournament outfits resets your hat/hair to the buzz cut option with no hat chosen.

If you add a hat to your practice outfit, back directly out to the main game menu, then go directly into a game mode (i.e Bassmaster Venues mode), the hat will appear on your character during your current game session, at least until you go back into the character customization menu and try to toggle between outfits. If you quit the game back to the main Xbox home page and relaunch the game, the game will remember your hat on your practice outfit - but again, the minute you try to toggle between outfits after relaunching the game, it resets your hat/hair choice.

At this point there is currently no way to save a hat to your tournament outfit permanently - best you can do is toggle to your tournament outfit (which will reset hat/hair choice for your practice outfit), then choose a hat for your tournament outfit, back directly out to the main menu and then immediately enter a career game mode. It will let you play with a hat on your tournament outfit for your current session, but as soon as you go back into the character customization menu, it will reset the hat for your tournament outfit. As soon as you quit the game back to Xbox main menu, it will reset upon launching the game.

If you change your default hairstyle, they do seem to save - whatever hairstyle you chose for both outfits saves to each outfit. But, the minute you try to select a hat on either outfit, your hair will reset to the buzz cut on both outfits. And if you then toggle between outfit, both hat and hair choices reset to buzz cut/no hat.

2. robinson.nwr

robinson.nwr New Member

My PS4 is doing does that when I toggle between practice and tournament