New Haven Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lucasfor49, Jan 9, 2022.

1. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

rolling stock:

[​IMG]
    M8
    [​IMG]
    M7

The New Haven line is operated by MTA which runs From New Haven to Mount Vernon where it connects to the Harlem line to continue to Grand Central. This route has a total of 30 stations This line carries 125,000 passengers ever weekday and a total of 39 million passengers a year. The busiest station on the line is Stamford, with 8.4 million riders or 21% of the line's ridership. This line has 74 miles (199 km) of track with a top speed of 90mph (140 km/h) The M8 has regenerative braking which could be used to make some scenarios (for example say the battery system of the braking system has Failed meaning you need to stop every now and again to refuel.) The stations on this line are: Grand Central, Harlem-125th street, Fordham, Mount Vernon East, Pelham, new Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Harrison, Rye, Port Chester, Greenwich, Riverside, Stamford, Darien, Rowayton, South Norwalk, East Norwalk, Westport, Greens Farm, Southport, Fairfield, Fairfield Metro, Bridgeport, Stratford, Milford, West haven, Union station and State Street. Thank you for reading - I think my tag is lucasfor or something.

P.S This route suggestion was made for one of my friends so this used most of there knowledge unlike the Waterloo-Reading line.

• Like Like x 4
  2. hydramere

hydramere New Member

I second this! This would be a really fun route to do in game.

3. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Waayyy to long, regen brakes don’t work like that, and we have one MNRR route in the works already, so I doubt we’ll get another one anytime soon.

4. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Honestly they should of did part of the new haven line with the Harlem Line. Harlem Line all the way to North White Plains and The New Haven Line to Stamford. This will introduce the M8s to TSW and Amtrak layer. But they keep stalling on giving us new US trains.

5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

It’s because of
    For the 353rd time
    Grand Central being big

Also, a line to Stamford would be far too long paired with the Harlem line

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Why not introduce this with Penn Station access that way you can solve two things at once New Haven line and the return of Northeast Corridor New York City to New Haven CT a Classic TS22 route. New Trains Siemens Charger Dual Mode M8 Avelia Liberty own Boston-Providence you get ACS-64 600-670 including 662 the Phase III train simulator world 2 advertisement locomotive.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Would be really cool but DTG won't be able to keep up with all that sadly. .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  8. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

l really hope they reasle this on train sim world 2