Train Sim World 3 New Improvements / Features

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by darkwarrior#2896, Jan 23, 2023.

1. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

As we all heard by now dovetail are working on workable elevator / escalator I want to do a forum where we speculate on what kind of features / improvements we could see for TSW3 and beyond they can be as The following:

Creators club
    livery designer
    Routes (new features within them)
    And new ways to play TSW
    At this time I would like to ask the community to post their suggestions so let the speculation begin

• Like Like x 4
  2. darkwarrior#2896

Oh I forgot to mention like new features added to (time table and walk on foot being able to select the day of the week so everyday can feel different) it would be nice if we had new camera options and drone mode.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would like to see, to name just a few things:
    • AI using horns. The RHTT DLC has the AI using horns, albeit briefly.
    • Safety systems being on as default, with a separate non-safety setup for casual/new players.
    • Better character AI, with the ability to change our own characters appearance (the available face models are all munterish like me).
    • More detailed graphics - especially with texturing to give surfaces a more lived in feeling.

• Like Like x 4
  4. darkwarrior#2896

I agree I would like to see better AI passenger model and a system where we can create our own character appearance

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Agreed, we need customisation to make the in-game character look like or close to you as you are IRL, I'm talking glasses, hearing aids, all that stuff just to give a few examples of what is needed for the above to occur ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. summersy

summersy Active Member

Just a couple I've thought of here.

• More AP gained if you have things like safety systems turned on, no hud signals, hudless gameplay etc.
    • The ability to customize the hud for exam0le I would like to have the gradient visible but get ride of the big speedometer.
    • As someone else has said AI using horns would be good
    • More use of track workers 'dioramas' as random encounters to give us something to beep our horns at.

• Like Like x 5
  7. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Starting with the Glasgow-Edinburgh DLC In Train Annoucements can be added to future routes and I also like to see them create an AI Conducter system where an animated character can have control of the doors and also have an option to play the role of the conducter as a new feature to include in TSW 3

• Like Like x 4
  8. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Another thing that should be added as standard is the DMS on at least U.K. modern routes as rivet games have proven the technology to work with the upcoming fantastic Scotland route and given rivet is smaller than dovetail I don’t see any barriers that can stop them doing this given the bigger nature of dovetail games

• Like Like x 2
  9. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Same with Class 33 and BR heavy freight pack, AI also honks the horn sometimes!

• Like Like x 2
  10. darkwarrior#2896

Thank you all for the suggestions keep new ones coming if DTG sees this maybe they'll add the event to the game at some point thank you for all the suggestions

• Like Like x 3
  11. speediek#8515

speediek#8515 Member

I was thinking of a few ideas the other day that would add more immersion to the game as a whole...

• More variety in passenger models would be good. Everyone appears to be of a similar height and a similar age. It would add quite a bit more immersion if character models had varied proportions (age, build etc) some adults and smaller children as well for example
    • Raindrops on the exterior panels of the trains instead of just on the windows would add a bit to the graphics.
    • Lens flares as a graphic option just to give the blinds in the train cabs more of a use and add more immersion overall.
    • Trainspotters on platforms and the route would be a good thing as well ( Perhaps some bonus AP points if you honk at them). Could potentially be an alternative to collectables on a new route as well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  12. speediek#8515

speediek#8515 Member

The ability to select a random weather condition when starting a timetabled service in dynamic weather mode, instead of manually choosing from the presets. Would also be something I'd like to see in the future.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  13. darkwarrior#2896

I have a question for you guys if you would like to see improvements to the creator's club and livery designer if dovetail also adds more new journey, expansions what would you like them to add?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Im not particularly interested in creators club, livery designer, route builder since I wouldn't use those but there are people who would actually use them. We kinda already have livery enhancement packs (rhb anniversary collection, upcoming uk and us expansion pack, dispolok 182, new journeys expansion)

• Like Like x 1
  15. darkwarrior#2896

This is a route merging question If dovetail games does any route merging in the future, what route would you like them to merge? Question Two Would anyone like to see expansions for the training center And maybe open world routes?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Consist editor that way we can have ES64U2 ÖBB Baureihe 1116/1016 DB Baureihe 182 Dispolok Baureihe 182 MRCE Baureihe 182 run Sleeper train services

17. speediek#8515

speediek#8515 Member

I don't personally use the training centre much, it doesn't really appeal much besides completing the tutorials and even then I did prefer using the routes map for that.

As for route merges, I guess I'd like to see more of a route expansion. I'd like to see West Cornwall Local expanded down to Plymouth.

Possibly a section of the West coast Mainline could be merged into the Birmingham cross-city line expansion, Birmingham new street station would feel less empty then.

18. speediek#8515

speediek#8515 Member

The ability to let AI trains use other platforms at stations (even the ones out of bounds) and even go off the map. It gets annoying when trying to add AI traffic that ends in the only platform you can select, stopping you from completing it.

Also allowing Ai traffic to begin before your departure time would be nice.

19. darkwarrior#2896

I would love to see West Cornwall local in the GWR era from Penzance to Plymouth