New Route Hamburg Hbf - Schwerin - (rostock Hbf)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Passionlevier, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Passionlevier

Passionlevier New Member

Hello Dovetail,

I would like the route mentioned above, this not only leads through a picturesque area and past castles but also in an area that unfortunately for the TS has been ignored for the TS except for the route Inselbahn: Stralsund - Sassnitz.

With 111 km, the route section would be Hamburg - Schwerin, compared to Frankfurt - Koblenz or Karlsruhe - Offenburg - Straßbourg

Rather still in the middle range and the total length of the route to Rostock Hbf with 180 - 190 kilometers is somewhat larger but certainly only slightly more effort than the above-mentioned route Karlsruhe - Offenburg - Straßbourg.

On this very beautiful route there is also a train every hour, be it the RE1 of the IC or the ICE, which always alternate and in between there are always freight trains from Hamburg to Rostock.

I would be very happy if you would bring this route, also in two divided routes ala:

Hamburg - Schwerin and then Schwerin - Rostock

for example, the sections Hagenow Land - Ludwigslust or Ludwigslust - Schwerin Hbf could be accommodated in the first part

and in the second part then the section to Wismar Hbf.

This allowed trains to run from Wismar to Ludwigslust via Schwerin, among other things.

RE / RB / ICE / EC / IC from Hamburg to Ludwigslust or everything except EC from Hamburg to Rostock and of course freight trains from Rostock to Hamburg or Wismar to Ludwigslust or Hamburg.

While the sections Wismar - Schwerin and Hagenow Land - Ludwigslust or Ludwigslust - Schwerin mentioned above are not a must, the Hamburg - Rostock route would be an absolute enrichment for Train Simulator.

2. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I fully agree. The port areas of Wismar and Rostock would add freight traffic.

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree how about adding S-bahn Rostock services towards Warnemünde IC17 from Dresden end point