New Route: Riveria Line, Exeter-plymouth And Paignton

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harrytrainz#1837, Jun 7, 2022.

1. harrytrainz#1837

harrytrainz#1837 New Member

A New route set in 2020 with trains Class 802, 43, 166 and 143, Exeter St Davids to Plymouth with a branch to Paignton.

• Like Like x 8
  2. steve08

steve08 Active Member

How about pacer and sprinter trains in GWR

3. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

This is a really cool idea but you are going to have to elaborate for those who don't know that route well (personally I know that route quite well) so I can imagine how it will turn out...I doubt this could happen because they have focused quite a bit down in the south west. If they were tondo this however, it would be a rather cool idea.

I however would suggest the 158 rather than the 153 as it's a variation of the class 150. The 43 is already in the game so it would probbaly be a substitute into the timetable.

How much I want to see this... Probbaly won't happen. They have already done gwr once and I don't think they will put it on another route.

Sorry if none of that made sence XD

4. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Probably best to use the 166 - these have been working the Metro for the last couple of years. I know people are desperate for a Pacer, but maybe 802, modified power door HST and 166 would be best. One all new model, one with some rework and one pre-existing. Otherwise you are eating into dev time what gets cut?

• Like Like x 1
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Even better if we could get a Class 150/2 in GWR livery, with improvements to the sounds and physics. Then in return the one included in WCL could get a free update. Otherwise include a Class 802 and maybe a Class 143 as a loco DLC later on, with the 2+8 formation HST from GWE substituting on 2x 5-car Class 802 services.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Although this is an iconic UK route, it's essentially an A2B route with very little variation in play

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but how about making this the same era as West Cornwall Local 1990s. That way Riviera Line can merge with WCL if the missing Plymouth St Austell section is built as a merger bundle. One can actually run Exeter to Penzance via Plymouth and St Austell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Better still set it early 70’s when Westerns and Warships handled most of the internal WR expresses, Class 45 and 46 with Mark Ones (and buffet car!) on Cross country services. Class 118, 119 and 120 DMU’s on the locals. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if this route or at least part of it wasn’t the subject of the next UK steam route, get some GW copper capped actioon going.

• Like Like x 1
  9. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Would be really cool if we could get the branch to Kingswear too, creating a modern route with a heritage railway inside it so that should we get a suitable steam loco it'll have somewhere to run; also gives it something fun and different!