New Route With Berlin Germany?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thatleat#4843, Feb 6, 2024.

1. thatleat#4843

thatleat#4843 New Member

TSW may has many German Routes that are awsome but we need the Capital City of Germany, Berlin my home city Berlin has many train options and it would be nice to see Berlin. The Route could be Called: Hauptstrecke: Berlin Leipzig or Haale an der Saale and also an AirPort Express wich exists in Berlin

• Like Like x 4
  2. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

Yeah, it has always confused me why DTG still has not made a route from Berlin or Frankfurt. It will happen eventually though, whether 3rd or 1st party

• Like Like x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They couldn't do frankfurt because of the performance impact but lukas wants to make it a possibility someday. It's a very large station. Munchen for example brings down your fps a ton. Even in tsc, frankfurt brought my fps down to 15

• Like Like x 1
  4. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

I fully agree. I would to see the Berlin S Bahn in TSW. Also the U Bahn but that one doesn’t seem to be likely…

5. Matin_TSP

Matin_TSP Well-Known Member

Berlin is hard to do, because either you go through Berlin (tief), which means a lot of light baking etc, which is complicated and time- and performance consuming.

Or you go Berlin (hoch), meaning you have to build a lot of costum assets to make the scenery look like Berlin.

Both variants are costly to develop. That's why I think Berlin will only come as 3rd party (maybe with the public editor).

Frankfurt seems more doable, if DTG is ready to cut a big chunk of the timetable for Gen8 as they did with HMA.

• Like Like x 1
  6. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

Duuuuude, that is actually one of the reasons why I dont play TSC anymore... I mean, I got so many zwangsbremsung thingies there cos the FPS was low, couldnt see a thing sometimes and couldnt react at times... barely playable

7. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

I agree, since it has great network like Vienna <3

8. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

Possible alternatives:
    1. Rostock (through the seas of Müritz, oh yes)
    2. Stettin (Welcome Poland in TSW)
    3. Frankfurt an der Oder
    4. Dresden (no, I can't get enough of it)
    5. Cottbus / Hoyerswerda
    6. Magdeburg (*)
    7. Hamburg (I mean why not dreaming?) :cool:

* currently in plan/development by a PC Editor Project.

9. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

What exactly drops the FPS for the big cities/stations? If it is the amount of AI trains, wouldn't it be a possibility to simply reduce them just like they did with other metropoles traffic?

By the way, do you know that Frankfurt is currently about to be created for TSW by a community project? It seems that Lukas shouldn't complain so much more about it anymore.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Munich was caused by all the signals, track and assets. There is almost no traffic there so it's not an ai issue. Other routes sure have a lot of ai that causes fps drops or the trains themselves use a lot of memory. Lukas never complained about frankfurt and that's not what I said. During the stream where they introduced him, he mentioned that it was one of the goals he wanted to achieve. It may be made for pc through the editor, but that doesn't necessarily mean you get a stable 60 fps. It also has to work well on consoles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Migsithepigsi

Migsithepigsi Well-Known Member

I'd live to see a Berlin route, especially since I just went to Germany. I wonder if its easy to get the license for the metro?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ColaLover22

ColaLover22 Member

It doesn't have to be the Stadtbahn of berlin since building it is very time and performance consuming, it could also be the Ringbahn, which is not as time consuming.

• Like Like x 2
  13. minka#2840

minka#2840 Member

Replicating that main station in TSW would be quite a mammoth task. Especially if we were to consider this to be offered at an attractive price point … and performance!

14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Berlin Ringbahn it's a TSC route itself which meant making it first for TSC and then using its references for TSW4. Remember Vorarlberg BCC HMA Fife Circle EDN BML SEHS Rosenheim Salzburg Rhb Bernina/Arosa Southern section of NEC Trenton to Boston the Trenton to NY Penn segment Gospel Oak to Barking and Riesa-Dresden started life as TSC routes then remade for TSW 4. In the future, Berlin Ringbahn will get that treatment too