New Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainsim world, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Trainsim world

Trainsim world New Member

Newcastle to Carlisle would be great, not too long.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

I believe any route featuring Newcastle, England (except for the Newcastle to York section of the East Coast Mainline since that's been done already for Train Simulator 2017) would be great and I'm a supporter of those routes including Newcastle to Carlisle for sure.

Newcastle has some excellent trackwork and amazing railroad bridges that were present in the Newcastle to York East Coast Mainline route and it makes for a great rail hub city and if you set the points right, you can have your train go in a complete loop around the city!

• Like Like x 1
  3. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

4 5 6 trains brooklyn bridge

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

can you please not bump posts that date back from 2017 and also this post was suggesting a UK not a USA route

• Like Like x 3
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

How on Earth do people find these threads from 4½ years ago...

• Like Like x 2
  6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Some are retarded and scroll to the very first page of the suggestions

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knightfire1964

may want to edit that before a member of dtg does

• Like Like x 1
  8. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

There are other, and very legitimate, ways of discovering previously made suggestions. e.g. if someone is interested to search if proposals for routes from India have been made on the forums, they would use that as the keyword in the search, and all the relevant threads in the section - including ones made years ago - will be displayed. And if they see that a good (=informative) suggestion has been made by someone, I think it's entirely understandable that they might prefer to post about their support in that old thread instead of making a new one.

Rules of this section really need rethinking. Someone may make a very detailed and informative suggestion, and then when years later another person discovers the thread and wants to post that they are in support of that suggestion - or has information that would be beneficial for that proposal - the thread might get locked because of the overly vague and often impractical rules, with all the informative input in the thread by people over the years becoming a casualty.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  9. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Yes, I think its completely OK to respond to an old thread if your adding something meaningfull to the discussion, though the person who bumped this thread added nothing to this 5 year old thread and, and I think this thread should be locked.

Also I occasionally accidentally press the button making it sort the threads from oldest to newest and end up almost responding to some really old threads though I normally relises that it's a really old thread posting things. So that's another way someone might accidentally bump a thread

• Like Like x 2
  10. Knightfire1964

Thing is this lachlan made a comment that had no relevance whatsoever like sure you can look up old threads etc. But this example is what not to do

• Like Like x 1
  11. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

Newcastle to Carlisle with Pacers would a nice route i would be interested in

• Like Like x 1
  12. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

7 Train 34th street hudson yards to flushing main street