New Survey

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Dec 20, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Just completed this years survey for DTG which was well designed and hopefully will form part of the future direction of travel!
    Did the same with Rivet Games who offered £3 discount on their on line store. Why didn't Dovetail do the same?
    Not going to use the Rivet Games code - if anyone wants it happy to share for free!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

where did you get the survey from?

3. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Can you share a link to Dovetail's survey? Thanks in advance.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve not seen DTG’s survey. Would love to complete it.

5. JAAK

JAAK Member

The link is in the "Announcemnts" thread

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Survey completed. I hope it contributes to making a difference.

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

For anyone else who is looking please find the survey here.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Really appreciate that DTG does these. Some of the "potential future improvements" would be very welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Completed it. Hope that route I suggested will be put in the game :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I took the survey. It was followed immediately by a survey on the state of the UK and its government, so I did that one as well. Turns out DTG are doing a much better job than Boris and Co.

• Like Like x 5
  11. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I can't express enough just how great it is that we're getting all of these surveys and interaction between the developers and the community. It is a far cry from how things were just a year ago.

The game isn't exactly in the perfect state that we all want it to be in... but this push in community interaction helps promote progress and move things in a positive direction. Its certainly a welcome change :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Did you not do the exact same survey last year then? There is more interaction in other ways but the survey isn’t new. I’d also say that my answers weren’t as positive this time round because TSW2 doesn’t work as well now as TSW2020 did when I did that survey. Some things may appear to have improved but the quality of the product isn’t as good on PS4.

• Like Like x 3
  13. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Oh certainly, there was a survey around the same time last year, but I don't remember it being as in-depth as the new one. But most of all, prior to this year it didn't feel as though player input matters as much as it does now, and that can be seen in plenty of ways. Much of the feedback was always centered around important core features, such as head sway, variable adhesion, dynamic weather, PIS screens, etc. 'Most' of these things are seeing implementations in newer routes, and it honestly feels as though these are a direct response to player feedback.

Most of my responses on the new survey also were a mixed-bag; there were good things and then there were bad things. Given the feedback as of lately, perhaps we'll see a push towards better performance and stability in TSW2, amongst plenty of other things. Above all else, I hope that this tighter communication between the community and developers continues on in 2021

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...thanks to this thread for making me aware of it, I just completed this survey yesterday. Kudos to DTG for doing this... now I just hope they do something meaningful with all of the good info they now have. We shall all see I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well if dtg are doing better than the prime minister of the united kingdom, than those are both bad things. DTG tend to make poor business decisions at times

16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Search Boris Johnson up real quick and research him. You'll understand how DTG is doing better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's a new survey. There is some crossover in questions so we can measure how opinion changes over time but this is all new stuff. That said, if you've answered one TSW-focused survey, another one is likely to ask similar stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oops, I didn’t mean it was all the same questions, just that there was a similar survey last year. I should have used the word ‘similar’ in my question.

• Like Like x 1