New Timetable For Diesel Legends Of Great Western

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobbobberdd, Oct 14, 2022.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I would like to propose a new Timetable for Diesel Legends of the Great Western. This is actually just a stupid Thought that came to me when I was playing Diesel Legends again. It sure would look cool to see an HST speed past next to a Class 52.

I propose that instead of replacing the 2015 trains with the Old BR Trains, it would be better to create a Timetable that both Generations use at the same Time and treat it as a fictitious Special Railroad Event Day between Paddington and Reading.

How I imagine it:

-Between Midnight and 2a.m. everything as in the Standard GWE Timetable.
    -Just after 2am, a bunch of Legends will spawn at Portals all over the Map on there Way to Old Oak Common. Under the Cover of the Night
    -Then everything is normal until 10 a.m. ,Then the Festivities begin.
    -The First Class 52 appears in Paddington and alternates with the HST every half Hour with Fast trips between London Paddington and Reading. The Same applies to the Class 101 and the Class 31 with the Class 166.
    -This Railway Event Day then goes on until around 8 p.m. or 10 p.m., after which the Legends disappear back where they came from.

This Timetable uses the following Trains:
    -Class 52 and the HST Class43 for Fast Services.
    -Class 101 and Class 166 for Commuter Services.
    -Class 66 and Class 52 for Freight Services.

And Substitutes

-The Passangers Class 52 could be replaced by the Trains from Northern Trans-Peninne and West Somerset and maybe the LMS Jubilee
    -The 101 could be replaced by the Class 150 from West Cornwall
    -The Class 66 and Freight Class 52 could be replaced by the Class 37/5 from Tees Valley Line/West Cornwall and the Class 40 from BR Heavy Freight.

Thank you if you read through all of this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That would be an interesting timetable. Being able to drive all the trains I love and seeing mixed locos and mus should be fun. Only if Joe has the time to do so since he never disappoints

• Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

But how about some more dlc classes such as...

Class 22 Baby Warship for ECS moves
    Class 35 Hymek for Fast/Semi Fast
    Class 42/43 Warship for Fast
    The lone Class 53 Falcon for Fast/Freight
    Class 117/121 DMUs for Stopping
    Class 123 DMUs for Semi Fast
    Class 128 DPUs for Parcels/Stopping

These types are a superb selection which I based on the idea that (as far as I know) Diesel Legends of the Great Western is set in 1971. At that time, all of the above were in operation in the Paddington area.

4. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

It would maybe a good Idea to set up the Timetable in such a way that if Trains from this Era are released, they can be used immediately as Substitutes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m fairly certain that such a doubling of stock would grind the route into the ground and result in a slideshow fps and crashes. As for more DLC to add even more different vehicles that would add to that depletion in performance. In TSW they can’t just keep piling on train after train after train. Remember how GWE had to have a reduced timetable and shorter HST units on gen 8 consoles because even an extra type of carriage and a few extra services affected performance too much? And notice how gen 8 consoles can’t have layers on London Commuter because even on Gen 9 and PC those extra trains in such a busy timetable cause low fps at the Victoria end of the route, and would just kill a gen 8 console? That all scuppers this idea I’m afraid. It just can’t be done. I also don’t think such a mixture would be popular enough to sell and it would have to be a paid addition but that is a moot point because it can’t happen anyway.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's not just there's a lot of different trains, there is less performance. Even without layers, London victoria has really poor performance. A lot of things can affect performance such as the assets such as trains, stations, how the route was built, level of optimization, etc. Some routes have one train and really poor performance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Make it the late 1970s now you have Class 52s HST with Paxman Valenta engines 08 Shunter (SBB DB Rangierlok) 40 37/5 56 BREL/Romania 101 124 128 DMUs.