The Catch New To This Game, Need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rolltide1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. rolltide1980

rolltide1980 New Member

First off, I really haven't played any fishing games since I think it was Sega Bass Fishing on the Dreamcast......it was whatever fishing game had the reel controller. I enjoy fishing in real life but I just haven't played many video games based on fishing. I ran across this game on accident, was in an ad on Facebook and I thought it looked pretty cool, and it was only like $25 so figured I'd take a chance.

I've played it for maybe 3 hours or so and I gotta say its pretty enjoyable, large variety of fish, real brand name equipment, and it seems like using the right equipment in the right locations definitely makes a difference in your success. Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing so far, I've looked at the tutorials and I kinda get what to do. Only thing I'm really struggling with gameplay wise is the different retrieve methods.

The steady reel seems to be the only method I've got down, the stop and go is kinda hit or miss, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't seem to acknowledge that I'm using this technique. The twitch method never seems to register when I attempt to use it. From watching the tutorials I see that you're supposed to hold down the right trigger and flick the right analog stick and also use a lure that utilizes this method. I tried to do this using a popper and I really didn't have much success with this technique.

Honestly I really don't know the best way to level up or earn points the quickest way. I really just wanna unlock as much equipment as possible the quickest way so that I can customize my own tackle box inventory. I think I have about 5,500 credits so far? Should I break down and buy a new rod or should I wait until later on? I've caught several fish so far with just whatever rod I started out with but seems like I've been struggling to hook and reel in some of the fish.

I went to I think it was Malaysia?? Seen several huge fish off the banks so I cast a few out and had several bites but only reeled a couple of them in, most got away. That is why I was wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade my rod and reel or should I just wait until later to worry about that?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Titch

Titch New Member

You just need to keep grinding it out dude I started on Rotterdam catching small fish saved up to buy bigger hooks (size 2 ) and 40.5lb line and started bringing in the big pike ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  3. rolltide1980

rolltide1980 New Member

Thank you!! Will do, guess I was just jumping the gun going for the big fish. Much like real fishing, gotta have the right equipment for the fish you are going after

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevenrichards29

stevenrichards29 New Member

Fish on Pearl lake with #2 silt hook, Smelt dead bait and 40.5lbs line with the rod and reel u have, u will get plenty of exp and tp to upgrade gear there. fyi rods, reels, lines and lures all effect retrieval. Good luck m8 enjoy

• Like Like x 1