New To Ts2019

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Schnauzahpowahz, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Hi all

Ive played quite a bit of TSW which seems more arcadey but nicer graphics. Just purchased ts2019 as was on sale in steam.

What are some good starter packs as there are a ton to choose from. Are the newer ones better in terms of quality, phys, graphics or they the same since 09 or whenever it began.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Schauzhpowahz.

Well it would depend on your area of interest. If you want to know about American steam loco's there'd be no point at all in asking me so narrow it down a bit. One thing I would note, if you have fairly broad tastes and want to build up a bit of a collection fairly quickly, is that older editions of TS can often be found on sites other than Steam even when there isn't a sale on so you can get three routes (usually- one each from Britain, Germany and the USA) for around the price of one (if not less- TS2016 was going for £1.50 on G2A a couple of months ago) and the routes will just install alongside what you already have. There are plenty of TS driving videos on YouTube and some of them aren't presented by shouty gobshites so you could have a look at them and see what you like the look of- I'd steer you towards PTGRail's route learning films.

Broadly speaking newer DLC will be more detailed reflecting developer's greater confidence and ability... and perhaps an innate assumption that they will be running on more powerful hardware since that detail makes greater demands on one's sytem but there are other variables.

3. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for the response. I unfortunately refunded the game as playing TSW just ruined it for me. Had i gotten it before TSW, itd likely be great. Plus it ran horribly and ive got a performance oriented computer. Luckily steam refunded promptly and i bought another TSW pack
    Thanks again

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Okay.

I must say for my money TS has the edge over TSW at the moment because of the huge choice of content. If you want to drive a steam locomotive (and even I fancy driving a kettle now and then) TS is the only choice at the moment so I'd've thought it worth having both especially when you can buy in for a fiver or so. No criticism though- to each their own. If you've found a route you like in TSW why wouldn't you stick with it?

I'd certainly consider running both if my system was up to TSW.