New To Tsw, What Add Ones Are Available?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bodgerx, Oct 29, 2022.

1. bodgerx

bodgerx New Member

I'm new to TSW. I have a PS5 and I am considering buying it.

The Swiss Arosa line is interesting. I see a YouTube video of this on TSW2.

I can't work out if this is available for us on TSW3...is there a list of everything that's available for TSW3 on the PS5 itself?

Thanks

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There should be a playstation store that tells you all the dlcs. Also, just letting you know there currently is a 64gb dlc limit for ps5 users that sony imposed. All dlcs installed results in 100+ gb. Dtg are working on an add on manager to fix that. Also, there are many other issues present in many other routes even though they may be good. Here are some recommendations but don't let this influence you. You ultimately decide what route to get based on your own review and stuff.

Subbing in means running existing services. Layering is adding new services

These are my opinions

New journeys pack: only the 423 is worth it since it makes ska busier. the sd40 just subs in, the silver 72 stock subs in too for the most part.

Tsw loco bundle: not recommended. The 182 has overhauled physics, but has issues that have been present from the original 182). the rhtt is nice (66, weathered train, new wagons & services), f7 (redbonnet which is a passenger variant, but pulls modern freight cars, dtg didn't even model the correct freight cars even though they are in game and would just need to be repainted. Poor quality loco bundle tbh

Tharandter rampe: 612, 143, 363, 185.6 in railpool, good route, tilting train, lots of steep gradients, well done scenery
    Arosaline: ge 4/4 ii, really poor distant scenery, bad train sounds, awesome train modeling, close scenery is well done. also has anniversary collection that adds like 5 new liveries and new scenarios, christmas themed playlist
    Kassel-wurzburg: true high speed, long (186km), ice1 which is really well done, night freight runs with 185.2, ice3, ai only trains too, lots of tunnels so you can get tunnel fatigue, can get boring since you aren't really doing much during the run
    Cajon pass: very steep gradient, es44 is nice, freight, sd40-2
    Spirit of steam: 8f & jubilee 1st steam route, large route so it feels empty, doesn't have manual firing yet, derail bugs present
    Southeastern: good route, nice variety (66, 395, 375, 465, high speed, commuter, freight), busy, ashford & dartford got added for the tsw3 version
    Great western: good route, variety (66, 166, 43 hst, high speed, commuter, freight), diesel legends if you want an extra timetable where you run br blue stuff (comes with 52, 101, 08), tvl, ntp and loco dlcs layer/sub in
    Rapid transit: poor, 442 is not great, 182 as dlc but not great sounds, got a new timetable which makes it busier, but again the trains are not pleasant to drive.
    West Somerset: br blue, 33 & 52 as dlc (only sub in). route comes with 09 and 47. slow
    Ruhr sieg nord: decent, mostly german freight, mountainous, twisty. 185.2 and 143 by default. 155 and 363 as dlc
    Long island: poor, m3 as dlc, comes with m7, empty
    Northern trans pennine: good, br blue, comes with 45, 101 and 47. Heavy freight comes with 40 and 08
    Main spessart bahn: 146.2, 185.2, nice route, passenger & freight 204 as dlc which is poorly made (incorrect physics modeling, half the notches don't do anything, but if it doesn't affect you, you can get it to run services to the docks (only 8 services tho)
    Tees valley: good br blue route, comes with 37, 101, 08. 31 and 20 as dlc
    Peninsula corridor: diesel passenger, comes with f40ph-2cat w/cab car and gp38-2. Mp36 and mp15 as dlc. Decent route, but has issues with timetable, f40 has manually lapped brakes which requires some practice & skill
    Rhein-ruhr osten: 422, 185.5, decent route, challenging gradients, g6 dlc is excellent
    East coastway: nice relaxing route, 377 and 66. 313 as dlc. 313 layers on brighton mainline
    Oakville sub: fast US freight, gp9rm and gp382, no passenger services due to licensing but dtg are adding them in using the caltrain mp36.
    Haupstrecke Rhein Ruhr: 422 & 425 as default. freight layers in from other routes, other passenger services also layer in. 101 is excellent loco.
    LGV: high speed french route, tgv is well modeled. steep and constantly changing gradients, challenging power changeover
    Cane creek: ac4400cw, sd402, beautiful, takes a long time, single track, 28 services, lots of scenarios, wrong freight cars, not great trains in terms of sounds and stuff, has gradients
    Clinchfield: nice, scenic route, mostly trees & mountains, many branches & spurs, steep gradients, f7 & sd40. However, there are many issues such as dark nights, no banking comm so you can't do some services, have to speed on some runs to not get your track blocked and stuff
    Hamburg-lubeck: mostly straight route, no grades, 112 is not great, 182 runs freight, recently got updated with new timetable so the major stations feel busier, 101 layers on here so an extra plus
    Cathcart circle: 314 only, well done sounds & modeling, great service variety, but glasgow feels really empty
    Nahverker dresden-riesa: lots of trains as a base. 442, 146.2, 185.5, 363, 143, cab car. Lots of variety & freight, red lights, busy, 101 layers on so a big plus, great night lighting & headlights, meissen & coswig branch, fast line
    Brighton mainline: 1000+ services as a base. Even more with other dlc (1400 i believe, gwe, sehs, 313 layer on). extremely busy, constant trains going in and out. 377 & 387 as a base
    Northeast corridor: amtrak acs64, mbta f40ph-3c, high speed (125mph), stoughton branch. However, signalling issues make it unplayable. If you play w/o signalling systems, it's fine but if you turn it on, it causes massive problems

Horseshoe curve: NS livery, es44, gp382, sounds aren't the best, especially the gevo. colorful freight route, steep grades, south fork branch. Braking physics is not well implemented. You can get to speed but you get longer consists, so you can really only go like 25mph going downhill so you don't get a runaway while using dynamic brakes

West cornwall: poor 150/2 which has bad sounds & physics. has 37 with it. Br blue trains also layer in and they are much better than the 150 even though they aren't fit for the era

Sherman hill: gradients, mostly desert, sd70ace, sd402, long heavy trains, very good braking physics and challenging at first

Luzern-sursee: short swiss route, rabe 523 is decent. etcs can cause problems, red light issues, dark nights, nice scenery

Harlem: m7a and m3a with new sounds and physics compared to that of long island railroad. good service count & busy, also got a short run to yankee station. However, only from grand central terminal to north white plains, scenery is decent. Has many red light issues and stuff though

Koln-aachen: ice3 & 442 as the base so it's really empty. Other german routes layer in freight & passenger. Br 187 is really poor (bad sounds, physics, safety systems).

Bakerloo: 1972 stock, got a brand new timetable which as 600+ services. Still has old one. 1938 stock is poorly made.

Sand patch: gp382, sd402, ac4400cw. Good mix of shunting, coal loading, preparation services, end to end runs. Good freight run for a beginner, has a gradient and scenery has variety in it. The c40-8w adds in new wagons & services, but mostly subs in.

Island line 2022: 484, great scenery, well done

Isle of wight: 483, not that great scenery. Issues such as wheelslip when starting off and running in snow is kinda terrible.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would recommend both the Northern Trans-Pennine route and South Eastern High Speed route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bodgerx

bodgerx New Member

Thanks for the replies, both, appreciated.

Good info on all DLC's.

So, am I right in saying that if I buy TSW 3 now, and say I download the Arosaline DLC only, I'll hit the 64gb limit? SO there is no way to access that DLC until they've come up with the add on manager?

5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

If you buy only Arosa, that will not hit the 64gb limit. In my experience you can install 6 or 7 routes and a couple of loco add ons before it gets tight.

Even when you do exceed the limit, you can still delete an add on that you are not using and install a new one. Though this is annoying and a lot of us with many routes are getting bored of this.

My thoughts on Arosa. I know the real line and it’s not bad. All the stations are modelled nicely. It’s very recognisable. I enjoy it a lot. However it has its bad sides. The distant scenery is quite poor. The mountains look nothing like the do in real life unless you run in winter, when it looks nice covered in snow. This is mostly due to a lack of trees. Also the sound of the coaches behind the train resembles the noise made when someone is collecting shopping trolleys in a supermarket car park. It would be better if they made no noise at all in my opinion. In the past it also had problems with the timetable and loco physics. The timetable is much improved. The loco physics still aren’t perfect, but considerably better than they were. If you’ve seen videos then you’ll know what to expect.

It’s certainly a good challenge coming downhill back to Chur.