New Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by colesimonwright, Feb 12, 2020.

1. colesimonwright

colesimonwright New Member

Northern class 158 and tpe 185

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

How many times are you going to post about the fricking 158 without supplying any other useful information or pictures? It's not even a particularly interesting train, but of your six lifetime posts, five of them are just a list of things you'd like, with no reasoning, no supporting evidence and all including the 158.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I'm also getting annoyed of these nonsense threads... I hope DTG will actually monitor the forums and delete those ideas without reasoning. I mean, I've spent an hour this morning on a proposal. I've included every single bit of information there is so the proposal is very in-depth. These guys... maximum of 30 seconds it takes to post something like this. At the very least include a picture.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe not now, but in the early 90s these were the equivalent of the voyagers, doing regional routes across much of the country
    I worked on them many moons ago out of Cardiff to Birmingham and Manchester and would be very happy to see them in TSW

Of course nowadays there are a lot of regional variations and the 170 is fairly ubiquitous so the 158 has been relegated

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd take a 170 over a 158 (ideally on the WM Trains route), just because it's prettier and has a better view out. Not a fan of the door-through fronts, which is probably what's holding me back from getting ECW with its 377/4. I'm not specifically against the 158 though, just against people who request stuff without any other information or reasoning. :)

6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Spot on I’m with you