PC New User - Few Questions / Hicksville - New York Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bhorv67, Mar 16, 2019.

1. bhorv67

bhorv67 New Member

I'm a new user to TSW, however I've been a user of the previous gen TrainSim for many years. Growing up, I lived in Hicksville NY. so when this route was released, naturally I was very curious.

First, excellent job. This was most certainly a huge undertaking. I do have a few questions/comments:
    1. Will there be additional trains released that exist on these lines (diesel/elec)?
    2. There's a crossing missing on the east side of the Westbury train station at Post Rd (see google maps)
    3. Why do the scenarios include the Floral Park station on trains heading towards or from Hicksville? In real life, Floral Park is not part of these lines. (Floral Park is part of the Hempstead line).
    4. What can be done to improve the draw ahead distance of TSW? There's a lot of textures that draw very close to the front of the train, which is quite distracting.
    5. Performance with all settings on Ultra or High for me is fabulous. I have an i7 8700k & 1080ti and run the sim at 4k. I'm maintaining 60fps in all situations.
    6. Will the remainder of the Port Jefferson or Montauk branch be completed at a future date? Any chance to add the Babylon line?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can increase the draw distance by adding r.ViewDistanceScale=4 into the engine.ini file

3. bhorv67

bhorv67 New Member

Thanks, where does that .ini exist?

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member