New Weather Setting: Thunderstorm

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Oct 7, 2021.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Let me start off my saying that I love driving trains in the rain. Something about it is so fun to do. Makes for lots of good looking screenshots, and isn't too difficult to drive in. Now there is one detail that is missing for me when it comes to rain, and this is lightning. Now DTG have mentioned that the production of the game did have lightning in it, however it looked very bad so it was never added to the game. What if DTG tackles lightning again? I think this would make rain even more immersive. I'd love to see a lightning bolt off in the distance, and then seconds later you hear a loud rumble. Now imagine seeing a massive thunderbolt just a mile in front of you and hearing a very loud bang. That would be extremely immersive for me. Now I would want this to have its own setting as not everyone would want to have lightning going off while they are driving. DTG can add a separate setting called 'Thunderstorm' which would have heavy rain, poor visibility, and lightning. In the weather slide settings, you could have an option to turn on lightning if they want it. This could allow for people to have it just be cloudy, but still have lightning. I think adding lightning to the game would make rain much more immersive and would give me another reason to drive in the rain.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yes please. That would be much appreciated. Also the sound files for thunder are already in the game. Just the way it looks like is pretty wonky. I hope very much this get's into the game along with sparkling overhead wire and sparkling 3rd rail. Matt (don't want to tag you), what happened to that? When TSW 2 was released you said the tech was already in game, just the art of it needs to be done. Is this in work? :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Would also love to see thunderstorms. I think the best balance for now would be to introduce the sounds but leave the lightning out for now until its problems can be worked on!

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

That’s a good first step. Just hearing ambient thunder would be nice