New Welsh Rolling Stock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by moomerjoe, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. moomerjoe

moomerjoe New Member

Take a class 769, 197, 230 or 800 for a drive. I this would be a great suggestion!

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The problem with the 769 is it's only operating on part of the Wales and Borders network, In-game I'm sure you're aware we only have the South Wales Mainline (aka South Wales Corridor), there's no way DTG will produce a train that has no track to run on..
    Now if they wanted to make the Wales and Borders network extension then the 769 would be an obvious and welcomed bundled unit..

The 197 is not yet completed nor is the South Wales Metro that it will run on so that won't happen any time soon.

A similar problem with the 230 is it has currently only run test runs between Chester and Bidston and also Chester and Crewe, two lines that are also not in TS currently.

As for the 800, absolutely! Get those unripe green bananas on the SWC, there is a mod available if you're interested > https://superalbs.weebly.com/train-sim-reskins.html (scroll almost to the bottom of the page)
    Also whilst we are on the subject of mods there is a class 769* it requires the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 319 and this mod by MajorWales > https://sites.google.com/view/majorwalesdesign/reskins/TFW

*Note: there are no diesel sounds with this mod unfortunately.

3. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

A Rail Fan From Wokingham Member

I think the 230 would be the best because they could sell it in a pack with the SWR 484, LNWR 230 and TFW 230 with the D stock for AI on the Richmond to Gunnersbury Section of the North London Line/North London and GOBLIN Lines Routes on train sim.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Interestingly, I suggested Chester and Crewe links to Shrewsbury in an NWC extension. If it returns, I hope first for the Chester link, but the Crewe link also aids Manchester services with an extra leg we can run from Swansea in a potential merged route.

5. A Rail Fan From Wokingham

A Rail Fan From Wokingham Member

Could you even merge with some JT routes from Bristol to Penzance?

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm not skilled in route merging. However, there is a question to consider for route merging: would it make sense? Let's assume NWC returns and we get a Chester to Shrewsbury extension to it, and also a route from Brixton (also the middle of a Metrolink route) on a Class 150 journey to Wrexham General or whatever it's called en route to Shrewsbury from Chester. The route between Shrewsbury and Chester is a no doubt addition. So would Shrewsbury to Crewe if that were added on to the Welsh Marches to complete it (even if just added to NWC). But what about the line from Bidston? All services end at Wrexham General. There is no reason to merge it. Similarly, if services from Penzance don't go up to the Crewe area, there's no reason to route merge up to there. We already have Western Mainlines covering up to Cardiff, and that's the longest service I know of besides direct to Paddington, which - despite reported inaccuracies with the GWML itself east of Didcot - otherwise covers the whole thing, and will eventually be likely added to the BHBP route (maybe not up to Cardiff though). But if no services no north of Newport, merging NWC from Penzance is unnecessary and a waste if you consider no services will ever go on both sides of a certain station in any real service.

And before it's noted: yes, I know Penzance to Newcastle exists. If you want to try merging WCML with XC Route, Midland Main Line, Leeds Lines, ECML, and more, you will still have a gap between Sheffield and Doncaster to complete the service. It has to be created first. And then you need a computer to set on fire. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021