Next Speed Limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chrisvazquez7, Oct 12, 2017.

1. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

I have a few suggestions for Next Speed Limit in the HUD.

First, don't show the next speed limit if it's the same as the current speed limit. This was implemented in TS2017. It is kind of annoying to keep having 50 mph pop up every 500 yards on Sand Patch.

Second, it would be great to be able to see multiple speed limit changes if they're less than 500 yards apart (or a different distance). This is particularly important in GWE when you're coming into a station where you have a crossover of 70 mph, for example, and then right after that a speed limit change of 15 mph. If you are unfamiliar with the route, you will have no time to react to the 15 mph speed change. If you could just have multiple speed limit changes shown at the same time, that could alleviate that problem.

Otherwise, great game. Loving it :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

100% agree. I was watching a Run 8 video and saw that it specificed a speed limit reduction to 55 was in 0.7 miles, then another to 45 in 2.4 miles, at which point I realized that I've underneath been wanting TSW to do just that. (And I was going to the forums just now to write your exact post :P )
    Signals can get away with not showing more than one upcoming signal since there are rules like a yellow means a red is coming, but speed limits dont have anything like 'if there's a 40 there will be a 25 in 1 mile.' A lot of tmes you are stuck to route knowledge or else face confusion with speed limits changing around a lot.
    [As for showing redundant speed limits, thats just plain annoying and not a very good design choice.]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Multiple speedlimits would be realy great.

The distance they show up schould be dependend on travelingspeed.
    When i'm @15Mph i dont need speedlimits more than 200 yards away, that would just clutter the screen.
    But when i'm @120Mph or on a highspeed route some 200-300Mph then i want to see those changes up to 10 miles away, just so i have enought time to slow down.

Also i dont need to many higher speedlimit changes on screen. Its enough when they popup a minute before i reach them.
    But lower speedlimits i want to see before i have to pull the emergency to slow down enough till there.

• Like Like x 1