PlayStation Night Time Too Dark

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Playing MSB with some services at night. I’m still finding things far too dark.

On a clear night, can it be assumed that there is a full moon and have things less dark. I know this may not simulate real life, but in real life, in the dark, your eyes would adjust. You don’t get that same reaction in the game. Being so dark ruins things for me personally.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

I once drove the DB BR 155 on the MSB and it felt like I was only driving in a black sock. But when you go outside with the camera, the night is like that how it should be.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I dont think nighttime is dark enough..

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In built up areas night is actually lighter when there is more cloud cover as the clouds reflect the abundant light sources on the ground back down as ambient light. That is generally brighter than moonlight. That aspect of light seems to be completely missing in TSW at night but is simulated in routes like Peninsular Corridor as a permanent lighter night, even on clear nights when it would actually be darker than represented. Swings and roundabouts, as we say in Blighty.

One thing that’s a constant with the night lighting is that train windscreens darken what you can see by far too much. The ICE 3M windscreen is terrible for this. Driving with an external camera on the train’s nose is almost a necessity at night with some trains.

One thing I have noticed that is new in TSW2 is that during the day, the brightness changes, depending on the overall light where you look, mimicking the iris in your eye but this behaviour doesn’t extend to a lightening of things at night, just a darkening of things in the day when a lot of the bright sky is in vision. I don’t like that either.