No Bnsf Markings No Buy!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pantherz, Dec 21, 2019.

1. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

As long as we at the rest of the world do not get the BNSF markings I have decided not to buy any BNSF routes without the BNSF markings.
    The only solution I have to get the BNSF markings on the routes is to travel to USA with a laptop with Steam installed and buy BNSF routes in USA.
    As I understand that should be allowed.
    But so far I have no plans to go to USA.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Have you tried using a VPN to spoof your location?

Anyone?

3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

VPN won't help you in this case. You would need to have a US credit card to be able to buy content that is restricted to the US region.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. JJTimothy

What if you're already in credit with Steam? Or use PayPal? Or something like Privacy.com?

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look here for BNSF content
    http://eyein12.blogspot.com/
    He cannot sell BNSF liveried locos to people outside the US but he does sell locos without a logo and a Patch is Free to apply the logo.
    The same way the Chicago Racetrack was released and a free logo patch was provided

Peter

6. JJTimothy

Hope it's not too late to bring this up but it should be noted that trying to get around Steam's regional restrictions may well contravene their T&Cs and could get you kicked out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would love to have the BNSF logos but would like them in the legal way, and not in a way that would get me booted by Steam for violating restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Couldn't something similar to the Metra logos and Signs for the Racetrack route be made by someone at some point for BNSF locos?

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can purchase the BNSF Locos from http://eyein12.blogspot.com/
    They have the correct livery but without BNSF markings - like the locos and stock on the Chicago Racetrack Route
    And on the Same Page is a download for the Logos - because this is FREE there are no rules being broken

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  10. trev123

trev123 Active Member

If you are referring to the Montana Hi-Line route which has just been released as a US and Rest Of The World versions a person at RailWorks America is going to make some BNSF reskins for those outside the US for this route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

What he said ^

Check Railworks America, free, easy, ton of content. Sign up (if you want) get access to re paints, freeware routes, scenarios etc

Good site with helpful folks

Plus, the new Montana HL is really nice

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the new route can't have the logos, but the US Loco And Asset Pack has fully branded locos. On the other hand, other BNSF stuff isn't available at all except in the US.

Dovetail's policies on this are completely broken...

13. Michael Newbury

It's not Dovetail's policies that are broken it is the license restrictions that BNSF imposed on DTG, that only allows them to sell branded routes inside the US. Anything sold outside of the US must be sold as unbranded. I hear you it sucks I wish everyone had access to the branded content as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

So they're allowed to sell loco packs but not routes? Hang on, there's a pack with some SD-40s I think that's not available here with BNSF logos...

15. Michael Newbury

They cannot sell anything with BNSF logos ie. routes\locos packs or scenario pack add-ons outside the US. Anything to be sold outside the US must be unbranded.

16. coolkidgamer500

coolkidgamer500 Member

You can just get logos for free like I did for the aurora to Chicago for the metra though I don’t know if it works in other places probally

17. mdrinkle

mdrinkle New Member

My concern is when DTG pairs liveries from other railroads with a BNSF livery. I think they should stop doing this. Take the SD70 Pack for instance I would love the CN SD70 but I can't have it because there is also a BNSF SD70 in the pack. DTG should make packs that instead of being multiple liveries of one engine, make multiple engines of one livery. Make a pack where say I can get an SD70, Dash 9, and an ES44DC in CN livery and I would buy it for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's not illegal, you are not breaking any laws, just breaching the terms and conditions of their respective website. It's not going to get you fined or imprisoned.

19. rogers.rr34

rogers.rr34 Member

Just one question...why the others can do it and not them...and why they can sit with BNSF and make a deal with them...they re losing a lot of money with that restriction...and for us ,it s a sad situation...thanks

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If somebody makes a loco/wagon and sticks a BNSF loco on it then sells it they are making money.
    It would cost BNSF money to keep track of overseas of what has been sold and how much revenue it generates.
    But if people make a loco/wagon or a repaint with the BNSF logos but give it away for Free BNSF don't seem to mind

21. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i think it would be better if DTG could give the bnsf dlc to third party company that has bnsf rights. too bad it old dlc they won't touch.

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So DTG should make something and give it away to somebody else?
    DTG are in the Business to Make Money which they do by making DLC for Sale.

23. Blacknred81

I mean, the latest Arizona Divide route gave those an access to the EMD F45, which was originally region locked.....

24. raptorengineer

true.. but dtg gave milepost simulator access to es44ac model under that partner program. so maybe they can do the same for other region locked dlc like cn sd70m-2 or Dash9s. but here the thing i don't think dtg has models anymore.

25. Blacknred81

G-Trax, Great Northerner and VNHRR, not Milepost Simulations.

26. raptorengineer

i should of saided cp es44ac for Canadian mountain pass

27. Blacknred81

Ok, I thought you were talking about the ES44 that came with the Montana Hi Line (Which is actually an ES44DC not a ES44AC.....)

28. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Yes, I don't know how Trainz can bring out BNSF DLC for the whole world. Perhaps DTG could make branding patches for BNSF DLC for the rest of the world which we can download from somewhere.

29. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Wasn’t BNSF Racetrack made by a third party (and I think a US based one at that)? I don’t think the problem is with DTG. I think the issue is BNSF only allows licensing agreements (pertaining to logos, liveries, etc.) for products inside the US, possibly so they can keep things under US copyright law.

30. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Why don't BNSF look at it as free advertising?

31. raptorengineer

yes the The Racetrack: Aurora - Chicago Route Add-On is made by
    Chicago & Southwest Productions. i thought it was made my g-traxx but nope. and that route you can by but no bnsf logo are shown.

32. Blacknred81

G-Trax (Rick Grout) did help out with it though, so while they are not listed as the dev, he did contribute to the route (As well as other people)
    aaaaa.png

33. raptorengineer

ah ok thanks

34. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

You can also reskin the models using lveries made by talented people for free. This already exists for the Arizona Divide, and also Raton Pass. It's not DTG's fault that they are not allowed to put the BNSF brandings on anything sold on Steam. Meanwhile, go to Travel By Trains and you'll find some BNSF trains there (the CN SD70 and SD60 are also there, same ones as Steam, plus a CP one), and free packs on sites everywhere that have BNSF markings, because BNSF is not going to viciously attack someone who is not making money off of their trademark, even if it is illegal.