No More Outside Sound

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by frederik#3474, Jun 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. frederik#3474

frederik#3474 New Member

I always drive every route in TSW2 in exterior view #3. I noticed that the sounds from camera 1 seemed to be swapped with #3 everywhere. Means: In the driver's cab view, the sound is now much louder, in the view of button 3 you can hear it as loud as before in the driver's cab. Here you have probably ruined a lot with the updates. Is there an explanation from the manufacturer?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Do you have any windows open. Have you tried sitting up from the chair and down?

3. frederik#3474

frederik#3474 New Member

I don't have any windows open since I'm playing the game entirely from the outside. I always sit in the driver's seat. It has only changed with the updates. The sound in view no. 2 has remained the same, that in number 3 is very quiet and can hardly be heard

4. frederik#3474

frederik#3474 New Member

A lot of people were upset about the far too low train noise in the cabin, so now Dovetail simply took the sound from outside camera #3 and swapped it with camera #1. Now the game is totally unrealistic, because you can hardly hear the train from the outside, but every passing car has a normal and loud sound. Well done Dovetail

5. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

what

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

there's been a problem since TSW2 was released that the sounds in the cab vere very attenuated,

i can see what they tried to do, the sounds from outside will be attenuated due to the windows being closed and the cab body muffeling outside sounds... some trains the horn sounds different inside the cab and outside it.

but we should have been getting much louder incab sound of the engine/motors, transformer, air compressor, cam switches etc, all that LOUD stuff that's directly behind a metal wall and door a meter behind our heads (in a loco i mean... some modern real life EMU's cab's can be almost silent)

But it didn't work out like that,
    it was like in the cab the driver has ear protectors on, so all sounds whether from inside the cab, the engine room or outside were muffled.

Usually the first thing i did when i set the train up is open the cab windows, just to get some loudness, especially from the side and rear speakers of my 7.1 AV amp system.

But i still found that switching to outside view was the only way to hear the compressor running, and the full roar of the motor / brake resistor fans after stopping,
    Then the squeal of going around a tight bend / over points was much louder/realistic in outside views too.

but i also found i was hitting the UE4 max sounds limit,
    in the DB BR423 (i think it was, maybe the 425) opening the right hand cab door stops the tick tock of the door open close buttons on the drivers desk as they flash away when you go under 10kph, close the door and their sounds are there, open it and they disappear <arrrgghhh>