No Night Time Lighting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by deanmacgregor, Nov 21, 2020.

1. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

Why is there no street/building lights at night on routes, only lights at stations and from signals, this is quite a big thing to miss out really.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I agree the routes are far too dark during the night. Through the countryside it's fine, but one of the things I first thought about GWE is when driving at night it doesn't really make a difference whether the blind is up or down

• Like Like x 3
  3. deanmacgregor

Definitely, it should really be a bug, but the sad thing is, its intended to be like that at night for whatever reasoning, even putting the moon up in the sky so you can make out details of different things would be an improvement

• Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree that they should at least be a moon. It would make a improvement because it is way too dark at night. If it was in the countryside, that's fine but if there are buildings at night with lights on, then it should make the environment much brighter

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sand Patch always seems brightly lit at night. Of course the locomotive has real headlights but mostly I notice all the houses with their lights on., even school buses. Guess that part of the world is full of insomniacs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And i wouldn't think a school bus would run late at night

7. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Well it’s night time, it’s meant to be dark lol! Although I agree that their needs to light coming from street lights as well as stations and signals.

8. deanmacgregor

The moon for general ambient lighting so structural details can be picked out a bit more, then street lighting and lights on in buildings. They've done it in sand patch, so I'm almost tempted to log it as a bug that theres no night time lighting in the other routes...

• Like Like x 1