No Option To Switch Between 4k And Hd Mode On Ps5?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Aug 19, 2021.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

In one of the preview streams Matt showed that you can switch between 4K and HD graphics in the settings menu. I tried to do this as Boston Sprinter wasn't hitting 60fps and I thought switching to HD mode might get it up there, but the option isn't in the menu.

It's especially strange as I remember this option existing on the ps4 version, but it seems to have disappeared.

2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

In the stream the other night, Matt said the option isn't there on PS5

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that setting is only available on xbox series s and ps4 pro. Oh, and there’s a million settings on PC of course.

• Like Like x 1
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Ohhh I see. How come it isn't on PS5?

5. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Probably because ideally we shouldn't need it (the PS5 should give us best of both worlds). However, as I've just posted in another thread, the native PS5 code seems to produce lower FPS than we had with the PS4 code running via backwards compatibility. Not good!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

In fairness, the PS5 native version is pushing higher textures, better shadows, longer draw distances so it's not really comparing like with like when talking about the PS4 version in back compat mode.

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, that's always been the one major advantage of playing on PC. Same with just about any game. On the other hand, if you have a PS5, you're way ahead in horsepower to ( I would guess ) the majority of TSW PC players. You're certainly better off than me with my 6 year old war horse.
    Oh, and by the way, there are actually 1,000,023 different settings combinations on PC. (I counted then this morning). :):)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

From what I was able to play last night I will honestly say I found it amazing how smooth the game ran.
    Maybe it's the side effects after playing TSW on base ps4 for hundreds of hours. If I was a pc gamer used to playing on ultra settings I might be disappointed? I don't know. But for a 400€ machine I don't know what more I could ask for.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't want to veer too far off topic, but I will say that I can play on Ultra/4k at 25-30 fps or High/4k at 50-60 fps. I choose to play on High because I see very little difference graphically between Ultra and High. PS5/High/4k/60fps is about as good as it gets right now, so be happy.

• Like Like x 2