No Resolution Slider? Series X

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cjm#5741, Aug 21, 2021.

1. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

Hi,

I have noticed that in my game settings there is no option for me to change the resolution, ie. Between 4k and HD.

I've seen videos on YouTube and from people discussing on here that I should have this feature?

Thanks

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's only available on Series S, which has 4k30 and 1080p60 modes, Series X only has 4k60

3. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

That explains it. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. brownminiaday

brownminiaday New Member

There was hd or 4k to choose before update on xbox series x then they took it away so now its just 4k. The problem is frame drops especially around busy and built up areas. Before update i could select hd and have a much smoother experience. The other way around it which does help a lot is to go in to your series x settings and disable 4k and then select 1080p this helps loads around busy areas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This is why I advised multiple times to have a lower resolution mode. Performance is not good enough in 4K. On Series X, a 1440p mode would be welcome. But the developers probably don't have enough resources to properly optimize for every platform. It was easier to leave it on 4K and hoping for 60 fps. That said, the current version has general performance problems so if those are ever fixed, framerate will be more stable in 4K as well.

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I would be VERY interested to see what an uncapped 1080p mode would look like on Series X with a high refresh VRR monitor, like Flight Sim's VRR mode, where it averages between 50-90fps.

7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

More options are a good thing IMO.

Personally i'm playing on a 4k tv so i'm ok with the default setting.

8. brownminiaday

brownminiaday New Member

Don't get me wrong 4k looks gorgeous and since the update it does feel a lot smoother it just needs that option back to select hd or 4k or better still just sort out the stutter and frame drops here and there