PlayStation No Rolling Sound On The Db Br 1442

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Since it was brought to Train Sim World 2, the DB Br 1442 has had multiple sound issues. The worst of them is the complete lack of rolling sound in the cab. When you go into exterior camera, you can hear it very clearly, but in the cab, there's no sound apart from the air conditioning and traction motors. In the end of the video this is well demonstrated, when I turn the circuit braker off and there is just complete silence. The other, smaller issue is that the pzb/sifa acknowledgement sounds are way too high compared to the other sounds.

Rapid Transit has seen some really big updates recently, and gameplay-wise it has been greatly improved. However if the only base train in the route is broken, all the great improvements go to waste. For me the lack of rolling sound is really the only thing, that gets me to avoid this route completely. It distracts you so much and the train just isn't fun to drive. I'm not asking for a complete sound overhaul. I just want the sounds to work as they should, and be in the same level as they were in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

They could always add the 442 sounds to the 1442. Would be better than nothing

• Like Like x 2
  3. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but it would also require full overhaul of the train's physics and great amount of work. DTG have said in some of the streams that you can't just copy sounds from one train to another, but it's much more complicated than that. Therefore I would be just happy if the old sounds actually worked and you could hear that the train is moving like in TSW2020.

4. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Know problem. Strange that it is still not fixed after all those years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

We’ll just have to wait and see. They’re attempting to do it for the LIRR trains so maybe if that works out, then maybe they can try tackling the 1442 and the electrostars

• Like Like x 1