PC No Snow On Great Western?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by johnbirch#4603, Feb 9, 2022.

1. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

When in timetable mode I find that, whatever month I choose, I cannot make it snow - the snow option on the custom weather is greyed out. I am sure it used to work

It may have stopped working since I added the Diesel Legends but I am not certain about that.

Other routes seem fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its because the temperature doesnt get below zero. Samo on the bakerloo line.

I use unreal unlocker to lower the temp via command. Just have to set to rain and it will snow after using the ue4 unlocker.

3. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

Tell me more...!

Imagine you are discussing this with someone who has not a clue what you are talking about.

On the grounds that this might be a reasonable assumption.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  4. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

You used to be able to select snow before Rush Hour but now the snow slider is locked, their are some journeys that have snow at present but you cant select snow from the menu at the moment. Im hoping that the preservation update will correct this at the route looks awesome in snow.

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I asked Matt on a stream a few weeks back about why snow was only available on certain routes and his answer was that it's based on the mean temperature for that month in that region.
    It's weird that you can have snow on LBN and SEHS yet GWE can't have it.
    I think Matt also stated that it would be changed at some point but that will probably be prescrew work.

6. meridian#2659

Here a walkaround:

- (With that you can take actions directly in the game, settings & debugging etc., so dont blame me if you brake something because unproper use of the tool, 2nd this is not an official dtg solution)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1: Download Unreal Unlocker and install it: https://framedsc.com/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm

-
    This Tool adds the console to TSW2, where its possible to use commands.
    - Dont open it now, this comes with step 2

1.jpg

2: Start TSW2 and go to the Main Menu (Dont select a route, just return to Desktop when the Menu is loaded)
    3: Go to your folder and start Unreal Unlocker (UUUClient)
    2.jpg

4: Under "Process to inject to", select tsw 2 and click on "inject DLL":
    - Really important: You can see the software starts to take actions in the tsw2 Main Menu, its important to wait, until the Text "Camera Found"
    appears in the Main menu.
    3.jpg

4.jpg

5: Go back, select GWE or Bakerloo and set up your service.
    - Select the weather of your choice, but its important to set a little to full Rain

6: When the service is loaded, or my recommendations you spawned 5mins earlier on foot to setup everything, open the console:
    - Open console with the key above TAB

7: If you want see the snow pile up slowly, just set your temperatur command twice:
    ts2.dbg.SetTemperature <-15>

8: If you want already piled up snow, use following commands twice:

ts2.dbg.SetTemperature <-15>
    ts2.dbg.SetGroundSnow <1>
    ts2.dbg.SetPiledSnow <1>

I noticed, sometimes with snow involved its nessecary to use the command twice, so i started to make that for every command.

9: Its done :)
    TSW2_Meridian_1644600326_00.png

This can also be used after reloading a winter service, which does often change the weather to rain when reloading the saved service.

Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  7. meridian#2659

For people are too lazy for using commands (like me), there is another tool called "Dynamic weather tool". Whit that its possible to add an entire weather setting in the command line. (You can even set up dynamic weather for a trip)

The difference to the guide before is, at the point where you open the console, you go back to desktop and open the weather tool. You make your settings and with clicking to "send", the commands get automaticly in your console and adds them. Same as before, i send them twice , since it doesnt always work with snow the first time.

5.jpg

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dynamic-weather-tool.36250/

The guide describes my way of changing weather, of course everybody can also use the manual included in the Unreal Unlocker and the Dynamic weather tool.