Xbox No Sound On Some Engines

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by evolution33192, Aug 31, 2020.

1. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

I've noticed on a few jouneys where engines are on and powering but yet they are dead silent like they're totally off. For example on Q353 manifest Cumberland to Willard my lead engine that I'm in is totally silent and the trail engine is powering (with sound), then the back pair the "lead" is on and the trail is dead silent. But again they are running just silent. Anyone else encountered this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed this yesterday, after moving the camera to the rear of the consist. Moving the camera back to the front and lead loco, the engine was virtually silent. It appears that sound is still a gremlin of Unreal.

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes i have experienced this on sandpatch and sometimes similarly on bakerloo.

Lead engine silent. Trail engine with sound. It occured for me on the free roam scenario in cumberland yard after moving around a second pair of engines than coming back to my first pair.

On bakerloo, I’ve had the loco sound cut out after using the camera to see down the platform.

There are also times when the horn decides to stop sounding as well.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Also a problem on PS4. Have had my engine sounds disappear when on external camera while passing an oncoming train.

5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi Everyone, Thanks for letting us know, have let the team know. When you next play TSW2 would one of you be able to send a video clip of this happening?

6. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

From my understanding, it's been an issue since TSW 2020. The 101 was a famous one for it. The noise of the vacuum break would sometimes disappear, also the guard buzzer. Apparently something to do with only having a limited number of sound channels (so I've heard)