PS4 No Timetable Services For Class 52 West Somerset

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gianluca, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

Bought class 52 for WSR but not have timetable mode, is normal? 16818154738841692901057252854411.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

No. I'm on ps4 as well and the maroon class 52 services have disappeared. There's another thread about it on here but nobody seems to be bothered about it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's probably a side effect of the addon manager which made certain layers not appear.

• Like Like x 1
  4. theBrummieTSWDriver

theBrummieTSWDriver Active Member

So £12 for a dlc that can't be used? Bargain!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Tonto62

The odd thing is, it's available for use in the scenarios which call for it, just not in the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

Honestly, this time i'm bit disappointed, but can use scenario planner

7. theBrummieTSWDriver

Yes, But you shouldn't have to?
    As it's a old route and a old dlc, I doubt DTG will even think about fixing the issue that they have created?

• Like Like x 2
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have just had this experience too on PS5 - The maroon 52 is completely missing and the NTP/TVL big locos can’t be chosen to drive like they used to be able to.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tonto62

I think the only loco that layers in on the Cornish route is the class 47 as well.

10. theBrummieTSWDriver

This Once Again appears to be another PS bug.
    I don't currently own the 33 or the 52 as I'm not willing to pay the full asking price for only one loco. So I'm waiting for the gamepass sales.
    These are what I have available on the WSR. On PC they are all available in the Timetable and scenario's.

upload_2023-4-18_16-40-43.png

The 08 Blu.
    upload_2023-4-18_16-46-20.png

The 47's
    upload_2023-4-18_16-47-43.png

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  11. Tonto62

Still no comments from anyone at Dovetail.

12. MP600

MP600 Well-Known Member

I posted another thread after noticing this same issue, it's not only present on WSR. I'll copy in my description from my post here:

I first noticed the issue when I went to drive a service on West Somerset and noticed that the Class 52, 45, 40, 37 and 31 all appeared to be missing from being selected in the timetable. Upon looking at the Class 47 I found that the blue NTP variant was also missing, only the green WSR one was available. Immediately I checked my routes and found that every piece of content was still installed and functioning independently (I own every available UK release). Not all layering appears broken however, as I found that the Class 08 (TVL & NTP variants, not Diesel Legends), the Class 101 (TVL only), and the Class 20 are all still available. I also then found that the Class 33 does not have its normal timetable available as this can normally be used for all of the Class 47's runs, instead both it and the Class 20 can only access the same timetable as the Class 09.

After exploring a little more I discovered that the layering issue appears to exist in more than just WSR. On WCL I cannot access any Type 4s other than the Class 47. The Class 37 is also only available as the WCL variant and can only operate the freight services and one empty coach movement, service 1C79. In an anomaly to all of this however, all other layers on WCL appear to be intact and fully functional. All three Class 08s are available and the Class 101s (NTP and GWE variants) are fully available on the Class 150's timetable.

The following is a record of all routes on which I have noticed issues, and the current states of them:

West Somerset Railway
    Class 47 available for usual 7 coach services (WSR only, NTP unavailable)
    Class 09 available for usual 4 coach services
    Class 08 available on 09 layer (NTP & TVL only, GWE unavailable)
    Class 101 available on 09 layer
    Class 20 available on 09 layer only
    Class 33 available on 09 layer only
    Class 31 unavailable
    Class 37 unavailable
    Class 40 unavailable
    Class 45 unavailable
    Class 52 unavailable (Yes that's the crimson WSR exclusive version)

Tees Valley Line
    Class 37 available for usual coke & steel services
    Class 101 available for usual passenger runs, both 2 and 3 car variants
    Class 20 available for around half of 37's coke & steel services, as well as two limestone services
    Class 31 available for concrete and passenger services only (Correct me if I am wrong but I swear I remember the 31 being able to do more than this)
    Class 08 available for usual shunting services, all three variants

Sand Patch Grade
    AC4400CW available for helper and autorack services only, and C40-8W coal layer
    C40-8W available for coal services only
    GP38-2 available for manifest and switcher services, and coal service N542
    SD40-2 available for all layers except for C40-8W
    SD40 available for full SD40-2 layer
    All are only in their CSX variants, though this particular thing I am not complaining about.

East Coastway
    Class 377 available for full timetable (original & 313 versions)
    Class 313 available for full timetable
    Class 66 available for freight services & vintage railtour (EWS versions only, DB unavailable)
    All vintage diesels unavailable

Glasgow Cathcart Circle
    Class 314 available for full timetable
    Class 66 available for its 1 freight service
    Class 47 available for vintage railtour
    All other vintage diesels unavailable

West Cornwall Local
    Class 150 available for full timetable
    Class 37 available for freight services only, and ECS service 1C79
    Class 47 available for express & mail services
    Class 40 unavailable
    Class 101 available for full 150 layer
    Class 08 available for full timetable
    LMS Jubilee available for vintage railtours. (An extra fourth service seems to have appeared???)

Bakerloo Line
    1972 Stock available for full timetable
    1972 stock classic livery available for full layer, plus heritage configuration available for film crew movements.
    1938 stock available in list but heritage configuration unavailable, so service cannot be started

I looked at the Train Depot list and discovered that as it has no services outside of WSR, the red Class 52 is completely unavailable and appears as though I do not even have it installed. This is where we get into the other half of this issue however. I experimented with loading in stood on the platform on WSR at a moment when a train was in the platform and surprisingly, I saw a Class 47 with a custom livery on it, something only available on the NTP version. With repeated restarting in order to randomly select the locomotive in front of me, all of the engines missing from the timetable selection actually did appear on the AI service and it turns out that this applies to every route mentioned above. The AI appears unaffected, it is only the player selection that seems broken.

The conclusion I have come to from this is that the issue lies in layers where there are multiple locomotive options for the same service. In the cases of the partially complete timetables for some locos, the only services that remain appear to mostly be those unique to that locomotive. In the case of locos where their only services are layers onto runs that already exist, they become completely unavailable as they have no services left, in the case of the Class 52 this even applies to the route the loco was intended for. As previously mentioned however, the Class 52 in this instance and all other missing locos were able to appear as AI traffic. This also applies to the 1938 stock railtour on Bakerloo, even though this was more of a unique case being a configuration of its own and not a direct variant.

On a side note, any routes not mentioned in that list appear unaffected, as are all scenarios on every route.

• Like Like x 5
  13. theBrummieTSWDriver

I think that with all the cr*p going on with MML, they are all in hiding?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I've noticed this on West Somerset (TSW3/PS4). My TSW2/WSR timetables have certain trains available that aren't on TSW3/WSR, can't remember which but they said "Heritage" or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tonto62

Still no response from DTG about this problem. I've just updated the game to the latest version and tried again after restarting the console. To recap...

The Maroon class 52 does not appear anywhere in the menus. It doesn't even appear in the West Somerset menu which is the route it was bought for.

If I select a scenario on the West Somerset which uses the maroon class 52 it appears in the game so I have obviously bought it.

On the Cornish route, the only locomotive available for the loco hauled trains is the class 47. The 40 and 45 which used to be available for use are no longer there.

I believe there are similar issues with the loco hauled railtours on Cathcart Circle.

All these problems have appeared since the add ons manager was released for PS4. Can someone at Dovetail please comment and advise when this will be fixed.

16. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

All Missing on the ps5 as well from the list

• Like Like x 1
  17. who

who Member

I'm on PS4 too and I can select the maroon Class 52 from the time table menu just fine, and it has plenty of time table entries available. Now I have not looked into the add-on manager so perhaps that explains it.

Attached Files:

18. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Can confirm that all of the rolling stock mentioned in this post is also missing on the respective routes for me on PS4. Playing WSR right now and was wondering why so many locos were missing…
    Sorry to tag DTG Matt and DTG JD but it would be great to get an acknowledgment this is being looked into. Appears to be a widespread issue that definitely needs to be resolved before adding Add-Ons manager to more platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gianluca

Gianluca Active Member

Solved by update, Thanks DTG!