Non Usa Dlc's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crlynch, Feb 12, 2022.

1. crlynch

crlynch New Member

Hi all is anyone else sick of waiting for the release of DLC's . I thought this would be a happening thing so we could move forward but to me seems very slow or am I just impatient. Even if it was 1 a week. Cheers Charlie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is a happening thing and you are being impatient

• Like Like x 2
  3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

We are all waiting, some with less patience than others but as we have been waiting for in excess of 8 years surely we can be patient a little longer. If it all came at once we would be kids in the toy shop and not know what to buy first, better a drip feed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I disagree. Open the floodgates. The BNSF Loco Pack for sure will sell many quick copies even though it's aged. Will clear a lot of Workshop requirements.

• Like Like x 2
  5. hayward.john48

Fine, moneybags.

6. sroberts001

sroberts001 New Member

The non USA DLC seems to be being released during sales so I'd assume the next release will be during the next one. My only gripe is that I nearly missed the Stevens Pass release as it didn't seem to be widely advertised at the time.

7. hayward.john48

It was "on the quiet" but we can only miss the "re-launch" day as it will be available after. The best bet is to plough through the Steam list and mark those you want onto your wishlist. It's tedious but you only do it once and then you get notified as everything so far has been discounted for the first few days.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Would it have made a difference if you had missed the release?

You would have either spotted it or seen it mentioned - It's not like "We have only so many of these to buy"

9. sroberts001

sroberts001 New Member

Yes to the tune of 15 quid :)

10. Cyclone

Only works if you can see it. Stevens Pass was not visible worldwide. The GP9 Loco Pack, however, is visible. So that could be wishlisted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

12. hayward.john48

13. Cyclone

Indeed it was. The point was he could not wishlist it previously. Users can do so now if they missed the sale, but the Dash 9 for instance, and Cajon Pass, and so on still cannot be by worldwide users.

I hope it's not one train every sale. That would be a bit drab. We need a major release of the trains all at once. But that's my opinion.

14. hayward.john48

I’d settle for some form of timescale.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Any reason why - do you intend to play all the routes at once?

16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Because almost all workshop scenarios require them. And they are there and I do not understand why they are holding back but sell them in the US. It makes no sense and what I find annoying that they do not post a statement here saying why they're holding the packs back. If I want a product no matter for what reason and I am willing to pay it is bad business practice for a seller not to sell. The price won't rise anyway.

And to clear up misunderstandings: I am only talking about long-time available country restricted DLC like the loco packs. I am aware that routes that were UNBRANDED need work. But this is not urgent, as anyone can play them already, and logo patches are freely available. I'm talking bout stuff ONLY available for US customers.

DTG Jamie please could you give us an update why you are holding back the rest of the branded DLC so we can understand. Life's short.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2022
  17. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Maybe you are not because you are not into US railroading?

18. Cyclone

Scenarios based in the UK need them too?

Joking aside, yes, if you want to play Workshop scenarios on a U.S. route, particularly within BNSF territory, you will often find BNSF locos present. Now perhaps on Sherman Hill, since the UP track is represented, BNSF is restricted to their sidings. But they are still in the scenario and necessary for scenery in those cases, and they are all over Marias Pass and other routes that are available in a non-U.S. format with trademarks removed. So while Marias being unlocked is an improvement - and Stevens as well - we now need the trains themselves to use the Workshop content.

19. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yes Cyclone, I meant US workshop. And I'm a little tired of trying to explain why I want to buy something that's available to a restricted group of people without any reason or explanation from DTG whatsoever.

20. Cyclone

Understandable indeed. There is some kind of marketing strategy at play here. I honestly am a bit confused, myself. As a Canadian who sees BNSF stock all the time around where I live, I just want it unlocked.

• Like Like x 1
  21. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

And I certainly understand the delay for the Branded/Unbranded routes as they will want to make sure everything happens smoothly. I can even understand the "marketing reasons" for releasing the routes 1 a month to keep interest going (Marias Pass, then Stevens Pass, then *hopefully* Cajon Pass). But I really don't understand why the delay on release of the Loco and Wagon packs. Unless they have made the admin process for a Steam release ridiculously time consuming it should literally be a removal of one line of text from the Product Description page and clicking a few boxes to allow sale worldwide.

Anyway, as another Canadian who sees BNSF stock all the time, enjoy the following BNSF GP39-3... IMG_9729.JPG
    and GP50 IMG_9730.JPG

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You mean "without any reason or explanation from DTG whatsoever" for not releasing everything at once?

So if DTG did that and then a problem occurs because time for testing was not available would you be happy?
    They need to check that by giving you an updated file it does not change something you already have

Some people might like the unbranded locos as they are with a new owner
    Are they going to see those removed from their Library?
    MARC 66.jpg

23. hayward.john48

I agree that rushing is not the way and doing so has caused a lot of the bugs we still experience (and personally I would prefer a proper organised system of release although everyone has a different view) but DTG's silence is not helping; indeed it is causing anxiety among some and annoyance with others. I say again please give some idea of timescale - are we looking at a month, three months or three years!! There must be some idea when something will be ready and surely there is a programme of some sort even if it is "broad brush", they could promise long and deliver short (in time scale only of course). If they want beta testers there are plenty on here who would be willing to help (including me) and I would still pay for the DLC, I do not want freebies.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  24. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You missed my point, I thought I was stating that clearly.:(

I am talking about the restricted DLC that has not been unbranded with separate US/ROW releases, only regionally restricted, and does not need testing, as there's no need to change anything except for opening the lock.
    Like Marias Pass, Stevens Pass (both came unchanged) and the loco packs. The stuff that is and was always available in the US.

NOT the UNBRANDED stuff, folks.

These are finished products, and all I want is a reply from DTG as to why US citizens can buy them and we can't, as they stated more than two months ago the licensing issues were done. Yes I'm angry with DTG because they do not tell us the reason.

If you ordered a car, and you'd check your dealer every week seeing him selling your model to other customers and not to you, you'd surely want an explanation too or go to Mr. VPN.
    2022-02-15 13_57_54-Steam.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2022
  25. hayward.john48

I understand and DTG should respond, now. Maybe it’s a financial dispute with Steam - who pays to lift the embargo, change a few bits of code etc. Let’s see what the sale at the end of the month brings.

26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This whole thing is strange, as other games like Trainz or Run8 never had a licensing issue - simply because there WAS no license outside the US to pay for. It was kind of a gray zone legally. Using the logos was not forbidden but also not explicitely allowed.

And for Steam, I don't know. Releasing the DLC brings 30% of the price to Steam and 70% to DTG, so it's a winner for everyone anyway.

27. Cyclone

He is talking about stuff that is already released within the U.S. that is releasing worldwide in the EXACT same form. Not the routes that have to have editing done to make the unbranded version unavailable. They could just unlock all the route pages, but then people would have two route pages to buy from, so that needs work. The locos COULD just be unlocked now. That is his point.

28. hayward.john48

We know his point and don't disagree (I made the same point back in December) but we are powerless and we can repeat ourselves ad infinitum and it won't change anything. DTG could and should make a statement to clear the air and sort this, they clearly choose not to.

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Thanks for repeating what he has said in the reply to me above.

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ok - my bad :o
    Confusing it with the stuff that had a dual release

31. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Also being Canadian on the west coast I too see BNSF stock as well. And would like to see them just release the rest of the DLC's sooner rather than later.

32. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No problem, Peter:)

This is all confusing.... DTG come and clear things up for us. Don't be afraid, barking dogs don't bite.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Cyclone

No problem. :D
    It's been worse for you, you likely see the traffic going to and from Stevens Pass (or perhaps Marias Pass) for the longest time.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Michael Newbury

I agree, it's time DTG just talk to us about when the rest of the DLC release's and get it over with the my patients is starting to wear thin.

35. hayward.john48

Not much point DTG setting up Forums if they don't use them a) to "listen" and learn and b) to communicate

36. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. Just jumping in here.

There are plans to release the remaining content in chunks over the coming weeks, but I don't have details at this stage as to what will be released when.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  37. hayward.john48

Thank you, I think all would appreciate information as it becomes available.

38. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

20220206234511_1.jpg

This message on one of the Stevens Pass scenarios gave me one of those moments. I know *exactly* where that Vancouver coal unit train is going. Been down that causeway before :cool:

39. Michael Newbury

Thank you JD, hoping the wait is not much longer.

40. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

Anxiety? Really?

I must live in a different world, because the things that cause me anxiety are my children's education, the welfare of my very elderly step-mother and trying to balance my family finances. I have no anxiety whatsoever about the delayed release of a handful of DLC when there is an ocean of other DLC available.

If this hobby is causing you anxiety, maybe it's best you drop it and take up something else?

• Like Like x 1
  41. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Everything is relative. Of course who cares who wins the cup - and yes I'm anxious for my team to win. You cannot compare those feelings. This is our hobby. Oh yes there's a war about to start in the Ukraine, with worldwide consequences possibly. We should all stop playing and whining about career scores...!

42. hayward.john48

I did not say that I was in anyway anxious and thank you for your unwanted advice. At least we finally got a response from DTG.

43. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

DTG need a bit of pushing. Part of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  44. crlynch

crlynch New Member

Thanks JD will be waiting patiently them to filter through. Cheers Charlie.

45. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Quick update on this - the plan is to release the content in batches (in the following order):
    1. Remaining routes
    2. Remaining locos
    3. Remaining Marketplace items
    The plan will be to release these over the coming weeks. I'll comment on this thread when they're live.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  46. Michael Newbury

Thank you JD looking forward to the remaining items to be released as too the unbranded routes owned get their branding.

47. Cyclone

Happy to know this! JD, would I be right to presume Cajon Pass will also be included in the route grouping? I have seen requests for it and know that a number of BNSF trains (SD75 and ATSF SD45-2 among them) have scenarios on it; even two we've had all along (the Union Pacific SD70Ace Loco and the UP GE 44 Loco) run scenarios there, so it's necessary even just for that.

48. hayward.john48

Grateful for releases in any order but knowledge helps.

• Like Like x 1
  49. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

Thank you for the feedback. It is appreciated :)

50. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

DTG JD is there plans to add lighting features on locomotives that don't have it sd70ace v2 pack? or is it more like just release the branded bnsf stuff as is?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022